Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Having delivery guys use your bathroom

mosmom is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong SAR
    Yeah, I think everyone has had different experiences, and everyone has a different feel of hygiene level. That's perfectly okay. The reason why I initially posted this thread was I really thought there would be a certain etiquette about this. From either side! (delivery people/companies and us). Of course, in the end, it's not the biggest matter... Btw: I only have one bathroom and no maids to clean up after me.

Sage is offline Registered User
    I've been there, done that. The technician from PCCW Broadband asked to use my bathroom and I said yes. He used the guest bathroom and no, his aim wasn't that accurate! After that, I just cleaned the bathroom again (a simple act of slapping on marigolds and using paper towels/bathroom disinfectant) and tossed one of the rugs into the washer. Although I hate dirty and smelly bathrooms, I feel sorry for the guy because I know the feeling of needing to go!
    Last edited by Sage; 04-19-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: grammer

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I would also ask them nicely to use the bathrooms downstairs in the management office. My extra bathroom is my daughter's bathroom and I wouldn't feel comfortable.

shaz is offline Banned
    Yuen Long
    i dont have a problem with this either, when u gotta go u gotta go. as long as the toilet seat has been wiped afterwards, its fine.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    I don't have a problem with this (speaking as a heavily pregnant lady with a week bladder who sometimes needs to go 'on the run', I can understand what it feels like). I would just ask them to leave the bathroom as they find it, ie clean.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    I'm like Katboo, Shaz, etc.

If someone asks to use my bathroom, I say yes. If they not only deliver stuff but install it, I will also offer them water or tea.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    cheung chau
    I just hope all of you who wouldn't let a delivery person use your bathroom have the experience of really, really needing to go to the loo one day when you're not at home, and no one letting you use their facilities. Or perhaps it's different as you are better mannered/cleaner/more hygenic than someone who does this kind of job? Aiyaaa - not nice.

Erin is offline Registered User
    Gold Coast
    I've let delivery people use our bathroom, but I never feel very comfortable with it. I've really never put thought into the hygenic perspective (I mean come on I use public bathrooms), but I feel uncomfortable being home alone and having a strange man in my house (I also feel that way in Canada). I know it's perhaps paranoya ,but I really do feel a little afraid. I like the idea of directing them to the clubhouse facilities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123