Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sunshine/IMS/PIPS - which one is better?

laura128 is offline Registered User

Sunshine/IMS/PIPS - which one is better?

Hi there,
    I am looking at a few international kindergartens in the Hong Kong side. I have Sunshine House (The Peak), IMS, and PIPS in mind. Could you give me some insight in these schools?
    Thanks,
    Laura

mintycat is offline Registered User

We attend Sunshine House (The Peak) playgroup and will attend the pre-nursery in Sept there. Both my DD and I love the school. The teacher we have is excellent and friendly, the school is spacious and clean and there is a good sized outdoor area (and being on the Peak, the air is fresh and clean). We have a routine class structure and my DD loves it. Even I find it interesting and I thoroughly enjoy the 1.5 hrs playgroup. I've been to other playgroups before and sometimes I got bored by the repetive nature of the classes but not this one. My DD is learning a lot and I have noticed her attention span is so much better already. We've only been going for 2 months.

I have no comments on PIPS and IMS. Though I have been to PIPS for a visit, I find the facility to be a little old and dark compared to Sunshine House.

laura128 is offline Registered User

Thank you mintycat. I went to PIPS for a visit also. Yes, you are right about the atmosphere. I found it pretty old and the washroom was scattered with toilet paper.
    Are you going to consider IMS?
    Laura

mintycat is offline Registered User

I am quite happy with Sunshine House so I think we will stick with it for pre-nursery. My neighbor's son goes to IMS and she said they are really happy with it. Her son is 5. For kindergarten, I may also apply to Small World Christian Kindergarten on Borrett Road. I haven't visited the school yet and will make a decision after I pay them a visit and learn more about the school and its curriculum.