Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

non-surgical cosmetic procedures

aussiegal is offline Registered User

non-surgical cosmetic procedures

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for IPL, peels etc? I'm dying to get rid off the pigmentation that takes over my face when pregnant. I had one treatment last time I was pregnant and my entire face cleared up, it was awesome.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Where did you go the last time? Actually, I paid for a trial treatment at Philip Wain before I was pregnant (well over a year ago) and I still have not done it yet.

bbc mom is offline Registered User
    Please double check with your doctor/beauty salon. Last time I was pregnant, I was planning on having IPL treatment but Bella refused to perform IPL on pregnant women. Some websites say it's safe or that there's not enough info on the effect on pregnant women, but I guess some salons will want to limit their liability just in case.

I had it done in Sydney (Heber Davis) unfortunately which is why I don't know anyone here.

I'm waiting til after the pregnancy but I can dream about a clear face again can't I :) Just 7 more weeks maybe less if I drink Raspberry Leaf tea...

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    i do mine at philip wain too. i have had many but i don't do them regularly because i am still very scared. when i was pregnant i couldn't get any treatments done too.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Mrs. Momo, did you do the IPL? Were the treatments good? Worth the money?

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    yes i have done many ipls. i think they are very good but i get so scared every time. for dents or little pot holes, ipl definitely works. my brother threw a lit match on my face when i was about 12 mths old (my mum can't remember exactly when but she says i just started to walk). anyway, the match hit my face and extinguished. all these years, my friends have thought it was a chicken pox mark. i recently looked at photos and i swear on anything that the mark has disappeared. i never noticed until i was looking at new and old photos. to confirm it, i rushed into the bathroom to check it out to make sure it has disappeared. definitely gone. with other complexion issues, i don't know much difference but my friends back in aust says they thought my skin was reaallly good. i am a bit dense in noticing stuff like that. i am on my second course, i think each course there are 5-7 treatments. this second course i am doing includes my neck because after the first cause, i only did notice there were two different colours compared to my face and neck. i go to phil wain because they have a doctor there but normally the nurses do it for me. also they put on a cold masque on your face afterwards which i don't think u get when u do it at a dermatologist or at a hospital. if anyone do decide to go to phil wain make sure u bargain or ask for some other freebies.

If like me you are just looking to clear up your face, get rid off some freckles or pigmentation you only need a few treatments. I had just one after my first pregnancy and my entire face was perfect. You should avoid the sun however or it comes back.

IPL also works wonder on your overall skin condition. If you have blackheads or large pores or just want to freshen up I think it's brilliant. In Sydney it cost about $150 per treatment so just over $1000HK.

A red head friend has used it to get rid off every freckle on her body and face! That took a few treatments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast