Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby Swimming?

SECRETBABY is offline Registered User

Baby Swimming (exercises in water)

Have you tried that ring with your baby? Some of my friends who have babies of 1 month, 1.5 months & 6 months also found fun and useful with that ring. Cause of hygiene concern, it's more safe to have an infant moving herself in a bath tub and experience stretching their legs back & forth. The most important is that you need to talk with her and praise her during the whole process. They relaxed their little hands and legs without control of an adult. After 8-10 minutes exercises in the water, the babies could really sleep very well and eat faster. . Actually, my baby smiles after a few goes. Got to try

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    It looks a bit weird to have a neck ring around the baby's head.... Is there another way to support a baby in the water??

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    :Butbut

I am not overally excited about letting an infant swim. It takes a little as a couple inches of water to drown an infant EVEN in a bathtub. Even if she is watched, I don't feel comfortable about the neck ring -- very worried that she could hurt her neck / back in a position like that! Can't you wait until she is strong enough to sit with some support?

SECRETBABY is offline Registered User
    Ya! That's exactly I concerned before using this neck ring for my daugher (just 1 month only by that time). So my husband and I consulted with our doctor. He agreed & recommended this kind of exercises for infant as long as a perfect envoirnment is provided. My friend in Taiwan told me that it is quite popular in their place. They told me that it's not a matter of concern. The ring material is tailor-made and perfect suit for a delicate baby wearing. It's really good for development of a baby, I highly recommended this to others!

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    I would also not want to trust to that neck ring. Call me a "nervous nellie".

Like kashimum, I liked to take the baby in the bath w/ me and hold him or her - more chance for skin on skin time :)

Later, when I took them into the swimming pool, they were used to being in the water w/ mama and they never were afraid or unhappy swimming.

agemish is offline Registered User
    the one i use for my 4 mth old is zoggs trainer seat which you can start at 3mths and has a support seat http://www.gb-sports.co.uk/childrens_swimming_aids.html
    he loves being able to kick in the seat and use his arms to feel the water

rani is offline Administrator
    Secretbaby,

Signing up with multiple IDs and trying to convince everyone its a wonderful product, is not exactly helpful.

Time to close the thread.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12