Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pokfulam vs Midlevels

Sonia DB is offline Registered User

Pokfulam vs Midlevels

Will shortly be relocating to Hong Kong, have explored midlevels for living purposes but not Pokfulam. Just wanted to know the advantages & disadvantages of both.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I live on Macdonnell Road, Mid-Levels and it's very convenient. Hubby walks to and from work in Central everyday, takes only about 8 minutes. There is a Park n Shop on Coda Plaza so grocery shopping is very close to us. Coda Plaza and YWCA at the beginning of the road also has a lot of playgroups for babies and toddlers. I also take my DD to HK Park and Botanical Garden playgrounds which are both within walking distance. I run most of my errands in Central too. The disadvantage of course is that I basically have no views from our apartment and that pollution is probably worse here than Pokfulam. Perhaps if you choose other parts of Mid-Levels, you can get a better view of the harbor. I guess it also depends on where your husband works.

Sonia DB is offline Registered User
    I realise Mid-Levels in very centrally located etc, but believe its only a 10 min cab ride into Central from Pok Fu Lam in anycase.

Thks for the info.

rani is offline Administrator
    We moved from Mid-Levels to Pok Fu Lam when I was pregnant. It was the best decision we made. We were looking for more space and better outdoor facilities for D. Our complex has a huge playground and pool. There are loads of kids in the building, and everyone comes down in the afternoon to ride their bikes, and play. D has made so many friends and just loves it here. You're right we're only 10-15 mins from Central. I have to admit, I don't get into Central that often. I run most of my errands in Aberdeen/Pok Fu Lam.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

simoneb is offline Registered User
    Hello Rani,

May I ask you which apartment complex you live in Pok Fu Lam? We are also looking in moving there but not sure where. My son is 2 years old and a big playground sounds great for him :)
    Thank you
    Simone

we're in baguio villas, the upper blocks.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

z754103 is offline Registered User

travelling to Central from BV?

Hi Rani,
    I was v interested to hear you mention a 15 minute journey time from BV to Central. My estate agent told me it would take 40 mins to/from IFC, and when we did take a trip, it took about 30-35 mins by car. I wonder if she was taking the best route? I'm interested in BV and the Pokfulam district, but would like to be a 15 min taxi ride from IFC, if possible.
    Thanks!

You can take Pok Fu Lam Rd, and then get on the expressway after the Belcher's. Also in the mornings, the # 8 minibus has express departures to Central and avoids Bonham/Caine and takes the expressway. I haven't taken it, but it shouldn't take longer than 20-25mins. During off-peak hrs, the minbus takes 20-25mins to Central and 45 mins to Causeway Bay.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com