Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

good ped dermatologist

joannek is offline Registered User

good ped dermatologist

my daughter has this scratch since dec last year. every time it forms a scalp, she scratched it off. it still hasn't healed yet. i brought her to my ped (Dr. Ken Chan, under someone's recommendation here from geobaby). he's very nice, but he told me to leave it alone & it will heal wltho it looked like it was once infected. yes, i know it will heal if only LO will leave it alone. i tried putting oil, cream, etc on, to help with itching, but my daughter just won't leave it alone. esp difficult to stop her from scratching at night. if i put a bandaid on, she peels it off after 5 seconds. so i might need to birng her to a dermatologist wholl give her something for the itch......

any recommendation? hopefully no steroids....

mintycat is offline Registered User
    Where is the itch? My DD had an itch on her neck which she kept scratching and it turned into an infection. Of course at that age (she was 10 months then), nothing will keep them from not scratching. My ped told me to cover her neck so I used a hankerchief and tied it around like a bandana. How old is DD? If the itch in on the legs and arms, can you let her wear long sleeve and long pants? I don't know any child dermatologist. My pediatrician ended up prescribing steriod cream to treat the neck because it became too severe.

she's 2, so she can pull u her pants & scratch. i guess i might have to resort to steroid this time as my last resort. unless anyone has a better suggestion. =(

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    No experience on that, but do know a dermatologist in Central (Peter Building) - Frank Fang. I take my boy to him for his eczema problem. Seems a lot of kids go to him too.

what about for eczema, who do you bring your kids to? any recommendation for a regular dermatologist?

LennySuwito is offline Registered User
    dear joannek, my son also has eczema all over his face and he has been to ped, derm, naturopath and tried almost all products (from dr. prescriptions, i.e. steroids to organic cream) with no results. Until he uses avene pediatril and his face is so much better now (thanks God).