Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Is the Chinese 'belly shape tells gender' accurate for you?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

shape of your bump reveals gender of baby?

mocha is offline Registered User
    Mine were both pointed (obvious).... i have 2 boys

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    Currently 21 weeks pregnant, found out it's a boy. Belly is like a basketball attached to my body (I think that's what people mean by pointy?), still skinny legs and arms, still have a waist, can't tell I'm pregnant if you look from behind.

MLBW Guest
    I had the basketball-attached-to the body that Soon2bmom mentions--my belly was quite pointed--stuck straight out there...and....I had a boy.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I know I'm having a boy, and I'm sticking straight out, instead of at the sides.
    I also heard that if you're having a boy, you look more beautiful during your pregnancy, nice nails, shiny hair, etc. If you're having a girl, the opposite, because supposedly your baby girl is taking all your beauty from you:)

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenzhennifer View Post
    I know I'm having a boy, and I'm sticking straight out, instead of at the sides.
    I also heard that if you're having a boy, you look more beautiful during your pregnancy, nice nails, shiny hair, etc. If you're having a girl, the opposite, because supposedly your baby girl is taking all your beauty from you:)
    I wish that I had a pretty pregnancy with my son but I was pretty yucky (especially in the end--oh man!) :0) But I have heard that old wives' tale too!

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    After 3 months of morning sickness, I felt better pregnant than not pregnant. My hair was shiny, didn't need washing as much as it felt healthier, my nails grew fast and strong, my skin looked great (I normally have poor skin and often got acne), all in all, I felt great. I had a beautiful little girl though, I say that she was kind enough to share her beauty with me. My belly was quite round as opposed to pointy, and would say that you could tell I was pregnant from the back.

Am pregnant again but feel totally different now as I did at the same stage with my first, so am keen to find out what I will be having this time.

GreenArchi is offline Registered User
    Yah AussieMum, I feel great being pregnant too (first baby). I have been very fortunate to not have had any morning sickness but still have had the nausia feeling, however my hair and nails, skin is all like it was when I was in high school (healthy looking and no pimples).
    I was just noticing yesterday that my baby bump seemed pointy. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and haven't really been told by definitively by people if they think we're having a boy or girl, because the bump has only now just started to grow (had to buy maternity pants). I still have a waist, but I feel so much bigger than I what I actually am....not use to carrying extra weight. We will find out on 22nd Dec. (nice Christmas present) regarding the sex and overall health of our baby.

My friend who is Japanese has a very pointy belly (extremely pointy), and is meant to be having a boy, she is due on 22nd Dec.....so i'll keep you posted as to if she has a boy or girl.

In Australia i've heard people say if you put on lots of weight and lose your waist it's a girl, if you can't tell your pregnant from behind it's a boy....but with all differing body types all over the world, hard to believe this 'wives tale' all the time....but having said that, most of the women I know back in Aust. have usually proven this statement true????

TeamNZ is offline Registered User
    We had so many people, chinese and western tell us that bump was a boy that we were thoroughly convinced.

Random people in the street would smile and say he's a boy, perhaps a ratio of 20:1 said it was a boy...so imagine our surprise when bump popped out a girl!

Stomach was pointy, still had waistline and couldnt tell from behind I was pregnant.

We had expressly asked not be told during scans but really had ourselves convinced of a boy anyway.

She doesn't seem to mind a few boys clothes ha ha...
    Last edited by TeamNZ; 01-12-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Add more..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast