Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Eugene shop

premama is offline Registered User

Eugene shop

I've heard that there is a Eugene shop in CWB - is it still around or is there just one in Central? How is this shop different from Bumps to Babes or Mothercare (price more reasonable or more range of things?)

mailmail is offline Registered User
    The one in CWB (ie Windsor House) is packed and gone for some time already. They sell different brands of stuff which are quite different from Mothercare (British) and Bumps to Babes (European). Eugene carries more South East Asian brands (ie Local/Taiwan/Japanese).

kashismum is offline Registered User
    The new shop in Central is fab. Their prices are much more reasonable than B2B, especially when you can get VIP discounts for spending a certain amount.
    They tend to stock more variety, carrying the US, European & Asian varieties of everything.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    Not always - Milton sterilising tabs are $25ish in B2B and $60ish in Eugene. Worth checking prices if you are buying something big, or a lot of something.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    I have found it was worth joining the VIP club, if you are likely to buy more than a few things there. I find Eugene best for the baby basics. Sometimes Bumps to Babes will have only the most expensive 1 or 2 brands of a certain product, where Eugene might stock the cheaper versions.

You can get some great savings with the VIP card.

Neha is offline Banned
    I think there is not much difference in prices. If iu have spent HKD 5000 over a period of 2 months u become a VIP member at B2B and can enjoy 7.% discount. It is true that Eugene club in Central does have abigger variety and B2N in Central does seem to run out of items but they can get it for u from their other store. Also u can order stuff from B2B and they can ship for u. I ordered our cot bed from they and my friend ordered the Comfy Duck bath centre from them and more importantly the staff at B2B are more helpful compared to Eugene club. We were at Eugene Club last weekend and my baby threw up and though they have the rooms for changing and feeding, we asked them if we could use their handicap toilet to wipe our baby with some water they refused and told us that they use it as a store room and the staff there was quite rude and also the staff at Eugene club are more comfortable speaking Chinese.

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    Yes the big Eugene Shop has basically all what you need but NOT a toilet. My child and I was in there shopping and needed to go to the toilet. The toilet they have is for staff only and told us to go to McDonalds. Good job I wasnt in there shopping when I was pregnant and shopping for baby I would have pee on their floor!:crib