Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

any church with baby bilble playgroup/class for baby at age 1.5

sobira is offline Registered User

church with creche

Union Church, 22A Kennedy Road, Mid-Levels has excellent baby, toddler as well as sunday school. Also other playgroup activities. They have a small garden and plenty of toys, etc. The best one in town. Check out their webpage: http://www.unionchurchhk.org/. English speaking services at 9.30 and 11 am. 6pm is without kids. This church is interdenominational, ie for any denomination, like catholics, protestant, anglican, etc...
    Last edited by sobira; 05-17-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Tong.kate is offline Registered User

union church

Birgit,
    Hi, I am considering Mehodist or Union church and really hope to find a church to settle for both my baby (15 months) and myself.

Both church with creche (during sunday) and playgroup during weekday. i am not sure how to choose.

Ideally,
    - i hope the church size is not too big, so keep close to each others. Have good and well organize program for child to grow and build up -strong foundation in God.
    - Also, good to have strong parenting study for Mothers.

- I also want to attach to small cell Group for bible study/support.
    - Seems I feel more comfortable to join some cell group with Female only. Parents group is OK provided they welcome single parent to join, what I mean single here is my husband still not a Christian, but he agree baby and me to join Church, he may not join with us at this stage.
    - I am chinese, English speaking is fine. Just want to know if quite a lot of Chinese there?
    So, can you further share with me?

Thanks a lots.

sobira is offline Registered User
    Kate, I tried both when my daughter was small, and in that case I strongly recommend Union Church, especially we have a lot women's only, mothers' only, etc and many are the only Christians in the family. I am sure you would feel very happy. Though of course you can try both and see what suits you more. We go to the 11am service, which is a bit more relaxed, as the 9.30 is a more traditional service. If you like to come, why don't you call me and we can meet shortly before 11 there. My no is 9303 9138. I can show you around if you like. After service, the kids enjoy playing and the adults can have tea/coffee and talk if they want. We have a lot of babies and toddlers and so parents share the same problems. There are small groups/cells for what you are looking for in various locations. Come and try it out! You will find all the info also on the webpage.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    joannek, we got to a roman catholic english service, whereabouts are you?

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I know the Catholic Cathedral has Sunday School for 3 years old onwards. I checked their website a while ago. We will probably put DD there since the church we go to (St. Joseph's) doesn't seem to have Sunday School. I may be mistaken though, I need to ask them next time.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    I can also recommend the ECC church - both Kowloon (YMCA) and City (HKCEC). We have been to both. They have a fantastic creche and sunday school programme with only small age ranges in each class so the 3 year olds aren't distracting the 6 year olds etc. We have been going to the ECC church on the island for about 6 months now and they have a great range of womens bible study groups and activities (including a mums and kids lunch coming up) You can check out their website http://www.ecchk.org/ The site is mainly for the Kowloon side but the city ECC will soon be changing its name to Hope Church and will have its own web site. Keep an eye out for it...

ninahudd is offline Registered User
    Hi

Union church sounds great for children. Someone mentioned them having a mid week playgroup. Do you know on which day? I am looking fo somewhere to go on Fridays starting from August (when I go 4 days a week working - hoorah!). How easy is it to get to from IFC shopping mall (we get the ferry into there)?

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    re: the union church playgroup, here is more information:

Union Church Playgroups
    The Playgroups focus on enhancing a child’s socialization and developmental skills. Each session consists of open free play, snack time, arts & crafts, and song/story time. They bring daily fun and play to the Church environment, as our garden fills with the laughter and excitement of young toddlers at play. There are many sessions throughout the week on the church property. Families are invited to enroll children from age 10 months to school age. The sessions are held Mondays through Fridays in the mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and in the afternoons from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. We have three Mothers & Toddlers sessions and five Helpers &Toddlers sessions, each with a capacity for 22 members. The fees for each session are charged quarterly, and cover the group's expenses, such as equipment supply and maintenance, arts and crafts supplies, and staff salaries. Each session is supervised, either by a Mother-in-Charge for the Mothers & Toddlers units or by a Session Supervisor for the Helpers & Toddlers units.

Contact Stephanie Weathington,
    Playgroup Coordinator at [email protected]
    call 2547-1770

hope this is of help. the playgroup is fantastic!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast