Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New York Doctor

Cas
    Cas is offline Registered User

New York Doctor

I am newly (and unexpectedly) pregnant and will be in living in New York when the baby is due (my husband will be there for work). Are there any NY mums out there who could recommend a good doctor or hospital - preferably on the Upper West Side? Any other helpful tips about giving birth in NY? Thanks

mintycat is offline Registered User
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

When we lived in NYC (and Upper West Side too), I saw an OB that I got off the list from my insurance company. He is based in the NYU Downtown Hospital so that was a bit of a trek from the Upper West Side. His name is Dr. Michael Turano. We didn't have kids back then so I only saw him for GYN matters. He was very nice and attentive.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/clinicians/turanm01.html

Will you / your hubby have insurance? If so, the isurance company should be able to give you a list of doctors to choose from. Otherwise you can search through this directory. This was where I found my dermatologist because my insurance didn't cover it.

http://nymag.com/bestdoctors/

Cas
    Cas is offline Registered User
    Thanks Mintycat - that's a great website. We're not covered by insurance so we'll be able to choose our own doctor/hospital. I'd like to stick to the Upper West Side so we'll try and locate a doctor connected with St Luke's-Roosevelt or Columbia-Presbytarian Hospital.

PreggerC is offline Registered User

OB in NYC

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Jacqueline Worth at ELJ OBGYN on 72nd and Madison Avenue by Central Park. I was preggo with my son in 2005 before moving to HK and she was so great.. very smart and excellent bedside manner. I sent her a picture of my son after giving birth in Asia and she wrote me back and wished us the best. If you do go with her please say hi for me! :>

Cindy