Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HAPPY early MOTHER'S DAY!

carang is offline Registered User

HAPPY early MOTHER'S DAY!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO US ALL!!!

now, reach behind you and give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it!

you are creating the next generation and are doing a fantastic job of it!

when things get you down and YOU are ready to have a temper tantrum of your own, just think of how great you feel when your little one looks at you and laughs or ****es you, or runs to you with arms open wide. NEVER before in you life have you had such UNCONDITIONAL love from a person...(except maybe from your own mum)...

and when you are yelling and screaming, just think how you'll feel the first time you hear," i hate you mummy, you don't love me!"....
    take a deep breath and stop then and there and tell your kids how much they mean to you!

it's NOT an easy job, by any feat of the imagination, but it IS one of the MOST rewarding (even on the bad days). and remember, it is just that, a bad day. everyone has them, your child is no exception....

so, on this coming mother's day...
    RELISH the love!
    EMBRACE your status!
    HUG your kids!
    **** your hubby!
    and
    THANK god for your great fortune!

spockey is offline Registered User

Wink

Hey Carang

Wonderful start up to that special Sunday we deserve! I thought I'd add this and if anyone else is keen... please share your sentiments too!

When I'm with my son, I feel like I'm blessed, fulfilled, proud, tired and also anxious for everything the world has to throw at him.

What I like most about being a mother
    ... the unconditional love that he shows me every time I walk into the room and how he makes me feel like I'm a Goddess... u know... the ****es, the hugs, the smiles :-)

What I dislike about being a mother
    ... never being able to sleep in, the constant fretting about his present and future and the guilt for choosing to be a working mum.

No one told me that being a mum, wife and mother consists of 99 per cent hard work 24/7 and a lot of selflessness and love to pull it off. I am now more understanding, forgiving and appreciative towards my own mother more as a result. It is also the most fulfilling thing I've done in my life. Or that greying starts almost immediately after birth!

This Mother's Day, I would like... to sleep in, to spend the day at the spa and enjoy the rest of the day with my bubba and his dad chillin by the pool after a round of high tea... I know... decadence... but hey! It's Mother's Day afterall!

Happy Mama's Day folks! Enjoy the moments and milk it for what it's worth! You deserve it!

miaka is offline Registered User

a great email i recieved, happy mom's day

MOM - JOB DESCRIPTION

If it had been presented this way, most would not have applied for the job!

POSITION : Mother, Mom, Mama, Mommy, Ma

JOB DESCRIPTION : Long term, team players needed, for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES : The rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated, at least temporarily, until someone needs $5. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages a nd mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT & PROMOTION: Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE : None required unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION : Get this! You pay them! Offering frequent raises and bonuses. A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS : While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered; this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.