Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Babies should sleep in a Grobag until how old?

meimei is offline Registered User

Babies should sleep in a Grobag until how old?

Can anyone advise on the above? Thanks a lot!!

capital is offline Banned
    I am still using one. My son is 14 months. I will use it until is gets hotter, then I won't bother. In the fall I'll see if he keeps his blankets on, if so I doubt I'll use it any more.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    i think could be as old as they would tolerate it. mine at 19mths won't have it anymore, coz she can't stand up and roam around in her crib when she wakes up. but i think it's they best thing when she was in it as i didn't have to worry about her kicking off her blankets at night, i don't see any problem with grobags for older babies?

kashismum is offline Registered User
    The last size is up to 36 months.
    My daughter's still in one at 18 months and I was wondering how she'll get used to covers. I'll probably wait until she goes into a junior bed and have everything change all at once.

joannek is offline Registered User
    my daughter is 2 is she loves her grobag. it's only now that we've taken out the air-cons (cos of refrubish work on the buildng) that we've started her on a blanket. but i have to go in every 2 hours to check her, cos her blanket is always not covering her. if she doesn't like her feet enclosed in the grobag, i just leavve the ends opened. so that when she turns around she'll still have sth covering her body.

i wonder how you guys manage using a blanket for your children? when they turn in their sleep, don't the covers always come away?

Klam is offline Registered User
    My daughter is such an active sleeper that she slept in her grobag until this year when she turned 6 yrs old! (thank goodness for large grobags!) We tried her with blankets when she was about 3 yrs old but she was rolling about so much that I was forever getting up to put the covers back on and after countless sleepless nights, I just reverted back to the grobag.
    She had no problems with the grobag and absolutely loved it as I started putting her in them from birth.
    She's a lot better now without her grobag, but out of habit, I still wake up in the middle of the night to check on her. *sigh*

Also just to let everyone know that 36 months is not the largest size, grobag also stock 3-6yrs but only in certain styles.
    Last edited by Klam; 05-10-2007 at 10:47 PM.

capital is offline Banned
    When we stopped with our first, I would check on hi when I went to bed and cover him up if needed, he was uncovered a lot until closer to 3 years years. I didn't worry at night though, as if he is really that cold, he would wake up! I just put on warm PJ's

meimei is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot, everyone! These are some good advise!

Quote Originally Posted by Klam View Post
    My daughter is such an active sleeper that she slept in her grobag until this year when she turned 6 yrs old! (thank goodness for large grobags!) We tried her with blankets when she was about 3 yrs old but she was rolling about so much that I was forever getting up to put the covers back on and after countless sleepless nights, I just reverted back to the grobag.
    She had no problems with the grobag and absolutely loved it as I started putting her in them from birth.
    She's a lot better now without her grobag, but out of habit, I still wake up in the middle of the night to check on her. *sigh*

Also just to let everyone know that 36 months is not the largest size, grobag also stock 3-6yrs but only in certain styles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast