Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Air Purifiers - anyone own one?

engee is offline Registered User
    We got the sharp brand from fortress.we think its a must to have this with all the pollution.

Canucker is offline Registered User
    My husband also picked up the IQAir and brought it over from the USA (we have a power converter). I am just 25 weeks along right now and we have it in our living room, but when the baby is born we will move it into her room. It is the one that they used in the HK hospitals during SARS.

Canucker

amy123 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
    Hi,
    Could you PM me the information for the company that does the in-house survey?
    Thanks. :)
    Fabri-Technic, tel: 28158388, ask for KC. He is very knowledgeable about air cleaner.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klich View Post
    I recently got one.

Initially I wanted to go for IQAir by joining the group purchase organised by one of the mothers but was very disappointed by the sales technicians who came to our home to do the air quality test. They simply had a device which showed the number of air particles in your home and then showed how IQAir could remove close to all of the air particles. But you know, not all air particles are bad...could be just dust. We wanted to know more about what the composition of air particles were, eg pollutants, CO2 etc. but they were not very helpful.

In the end, we contacted another company recommended by a friend and he WAS GOOD. He came with a few devices, explained what the compostion of the air in our apartment was, and then simply said we do not need IQAir where we stay (although his shop does sell IQAir as well!). He recommended that we buy AmairCare just to remove pollutants from the traffic and it cost us 1/3 the price of IQAir.

We use it for our baby son's bedroom at night when he sleeps and have been very pleased with it .

I found a problem with AmairCare! Because the filter is wrapped around the unit that anyone, especially the curious young ones, can easily lick the dust off the filter. Maybe this is the reason why the gentleman had to show you many expensive devices to distract your attention. I don't want to promote any brand for the others here; but I do want to say just one thing, I care of my love ones, I only trust the brand that won many worldwide awards . Price is an major issue, the safety for my kids is much more important; maybe that's why Mercedes or Volvo sell so well.

frd_au is offline Registered User
    Canucker,
    Is your IQAir working properly? The guy sold me my IQAir said the IQAir from USA would not work in Hong Kong because of different voltage and frequency. Voltage converter can change voltage but not frequency. I am considering to buy another unit. If the one from USA can work, it will be great for me becasue there is huge price difference between USA and HK. I suppose you bought it online. Could you refer me the link? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frd_au View Post
    Canucker,
    Is your IQAir working properly? The guy sold me my IQAir said the IQAir from USA would not work in Hong Kong because of different voltage and frequency. Voltage converter can change voltage but not frequency. I am considering to buy another unit. If the one from USA can work, it will be great for me becasue there is huge price difference between USA and HK. I suppose you bought it online. Could you refer me the link? Many thanks.
    It works with converter but the clock and filter timers would not be accurate because of the frequency. Also, IQAir carries no international warranty, the HK dealer will not fix it for you if anything goes wrong. Go to www.iqair.com.

klich is offline Registered User
    Dear Amy 123

Not sure what you are referring to when you mentioned "Maybe this is the reason why the gentleman had to show you many expensive devices to distract your attention."....... We were definitely not overwhelmed by his devices, and I am so sorry that I appear to care less for my baby son because I bought something I need, that suits my family and environment, after careful research, without overpaying and without relying on advertisements (and on the number of awards given to a particular brand!)

To be honest, after 3 months of using Amaircare, we have not noticed an obvious layer of dust on our purifier. Let's just say the dust on my furnitures (if my helper does not clean for a few days) is definitely more obvious than that on my purifier, and my baby has started biting on everything! BTW the cover can removed and washed (without calling the vendor! $$) We were also advised to elevate the airpurifier so that the filtered air does not blow out from the bottom of the room and disperse any dust on the floor.

Of course there I have no doubt IQAir is top of the range. My posting was just to share my experience and to inform parents out that perhaps they want to test the quality of air in their area and decide the most appropriate purifier to suit their needs. If I was living in a highly polluted area full of VOCs or if I only had modern cheap furnitures (which are likely to emits VOCs), I would have also bought IQAir.

About the reference to cars, not sure about Volvo, but I am sure Mercedes does not sell well only (in HK at least!) because it is safe...It gives one more face to be seen in a Merc, no?

BTW, Jaetee - I was referring to another company who did a very good job with the air quality survey. I shall PM you.

When are people in HK going to stop thinking that expensive things are best for them?

frd_au is offline Registered User
    Klich, could you pm me the info as well? Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast