Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

swimsuit and diaper

TingTing is offline Registered User

swimsuit and diaper

My son is 16 months old, I want to bring him to the swimming pools or beach. Can you share where can I buy the swimsuit and diaper for swimming? Thanks!

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    Hi Ting Ting,

Bumps to Babes has the Huggies swim diapers I think... These are disposable diapers that can be used for swimming, but they aren't actually absorbent, they just hold in solids if baby has an accident.

The other option is a reusable swim diaper, which is more like a standard swimsuit, but with more protection against accidents. You can get Bambino Mio swim diapers from Eugene Baby Club or from ShopinHK, see here: http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=126956

I think there might also be Kushies swim diapers at Bumps 2 Babes, not sure?

Hope that helps.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    Yes, you can buy the Kushies reusable swim diaper at B2B - around $180 I think. Not too bad considering 3 disposable Huggies ones are $25. B2B also sell the sun safe swim suits but I just bought a set (top and pants) from Li Yuen St East for around $70 - MUCH cheaper than B2B

joannek is offline Registered User
    regular disposable swimmers diapers $24.90 for 3 at Parknshop website & probably the larger parknshops.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Mothercare has the reusuable swim nappies too.
    We use the huggies swim nappies from PNS, been fine so far.

Swimsuits- so hot here at the moment I would say an all in one solar suit is the best choice. I have some from Aussie Cossie, and one from the baby shop in DB. But they also have in B2B, Wing On, Marks and Spencer and probably Mothercare too.

I know you can also buy them in the markets but if you buy them in the markets you don't have the gurantee that they are what they say they are- i.e. that the solar suit is a solar suit and has the protection from the sun. (like buying cheap sunglasses!)

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    My mother-in-law brought over some cute swimsuits (not solar suits) I was planning to use them Why are solar suits better? What if we're not swimming in direct sunlight?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I use solar suits because they cover most of my sons body and so only his face, hands and feet are exposed to the sun. Then with a hat on only his hands and feet are exposed.
    Saying that we only swim in the shade as much as that is possible, but it's 'just in case.'

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    Kids should not be out in direct sunlight for more than a few minutes at a time anyway - solar suit or not. Reality is - try taking a happy kid out of a pool after 5 minutes, or not letting them swim at all.... NOT going to happen! I use the solar suits from the markets and they are fine. Don't know if the lycra fabric is any different from the expensive ones but they are still a dense opaque fabric that keeps the sun off the skin. To be honest they are not much cheaper than the ones I was buying in New Zealand that were certified. A whole lot cheaper than B2B or the like though... Just make sure your kid wears a hat (lycra one with neck flap). Not much point in a solar suit if your not going to protect their head and face. If you are swimming in the shade with no reflected sun then you can probably wear whatever you like (or nothing if your neighbours won't get upset!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast