Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tutortime Kowloon Tong

CDN
    CDN is offline Registered User

Tutortime Kowloon Tong

Can anyone give me some feedback about the Tutortime Kowloon Tong and the Tutortime WOW, also in Kowloon Tong? Is there much of a difference between the two? Is there any mandarin component to the classes? Seems a bit of money so I wanted to see if other moms think it is worthwhile....
    Thanks!

kellyst is offline Registered User

we go to Tutortime KLT on Sats for 1.5 hrs. i'm ok happy with it, not over the top, but it's ok. the teachers are very enthusiastic, so they teach well. half the class is mandarin and the other half in English, basically a mixture of music, dancing, learning, arts and crafts (the arts and craft are mostly done by the adult really)... a good variety of activities so they don't get bored for that 1.5 hrs. but for actual learning, maybe since we're only going for once a week, it's not that efficient.

Tho, i really liked that my child has learn things such as lining up, cleaning up when we sing the clean up song, staying seated when eating, all those can transfer back to good use at home. it's easier for her to learn those things in a group setting, so i'm most happy about that.

tkc
    tkc is offline Registered User

We send our 13 month old son to Tutor Time Wow three times a week and love it. Like the other mom said, 1/2 Mandarin and 1/2 English. There isn't a lot of "educational" component as they are really trying to teach development. I believe the older classes are much more educational (based on my two visits). For the toddler activity group, you can't really expect much teaching since the children are too young to grasp. However, they do try to teach things like certain words, colors, shapes, etc.

I haven't visited Tutor Time so I can't compare. I like Wow because it's specifically designed for the under 3 set so that everything is very appropriate for that age group - small gym (walls and floors are padded), "little village" of houses and slide, etc...we interviewed/toured with many places before selecting and I think we made the best choice in terms of how the staff is with both parents and children.

mumface is offline Registered User

The Kowloon Tong school seems really understaffed, for the amount you pay (a lot), you'd expect more.

Last edited by mumface; 02-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User

My 18 months old go to WOW's playgroup and we both love it. The teachers are great and they have different activities to keep them busy.
    Great school, highly recommend it.