Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Babies in taxis

ruthtolan2000 is offline Registered User

Babies in taxis

Hi there
    I am travelling to Hong Kong in June with a 6 month old and was planning on getting a taxi from the airport to my hotel, about 45 mins away, but have realised I wont have a car seat with me. Does anyone know a company that will carry babies or if there is a different way I could travel easily with my baby?? Any advice gratefully recieved

drcookie is offline Registered User

It all depends on where you are staying, there is no law requiring children to have car seats in Hong Kong, however obviously they are safer. Many hotels have a shuttle from the airport express station- and a number are within walking distance of the station. The airport express is a train direct to Kowloon and Hong Kong Island, it reduces any taxi ride by a considerable amount in terms of time and cost, but obviously is more hassle. Also many hotels are served by a coach to the airport. All of these may be safer without a car seat than a direct taxi. There is no taxi company with car seats- there have been many discussions on this on the forum.

Enjoy Hong Kong and bring an umbrella, it has already started to get humid here.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    if you are using a car seat at home such as a maxi-cosi cabrio, you could bring it and strap it in to the taxi. this is what we used to do, it was convenient because then it just plopped into the frame of our stroller.