Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to live in/near Chai Wan

brainleacher is offline Registered User

Where to live in/near Chai Wan

Hi,

We are going to move with 2 kids (4 months and 3 yrs) old to HK. I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good area in/near Chai Wan that is kids friendly and maybe has a good daycare/preschool/kindergarten nearby.

And another questions: I saw posters saying 'don't take a carseat if you not going to have a car'. But then, how do you get to from the airport to the hotel in a taxi, if you don't have your carseats??

Thanks!

miaka is offline Registered User

Smile

in regards to carseats:HK doesn't require carseats. but from the airport, you may want to consider taking the airport express which leads to the MTR or many hotels have a shuttle directly from the airport to the hotel. there was a previous thread recently about carseats you may want to look through.

i don't have any experience with schools as my lil girl is only 7 months, but the geobaby forum has a lot of information as do the people here.

as for places to live, i myself am in chai wan. there are many places that are nice, tho all would depend on what you're looking for, your budget. i think more expat friendly places would be: Island Resort in Siu sai Wan, Tai Koo/Kornhill area and Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho. those are the few i can think of off the top of my head. i believe Heng Fa Chuen has many options too.

welcome to Hk! please feel free to pm me.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

Chai Wan - Heng Fa Chuen and Island Resort.

There are more choices if you'd also consider nearby districts like Taikoo and Quarry Bay.