Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toddler Friendly Hotel on HK Island??

sonalidale is offline Registered User

Toddler Friendly Hotel on HK Island??

Hi:
    We're visiting HK from Manila in late October with a high maintenance 2-year old and need to find a relatively affordable (US$150-200 range) hotel ideally on HK Island. My husband has to go to a frisbee tourney in Aberdeen, so my son and I are left to keep busy during the days. I need a toddler-friendly place that offers room-service (because I dread the picky eating phase outside of the hotel room), can possibly provide a baby crib, some sort of on-site pool, and that is stroller accessible to a mall or shopping (maybe a Mothercare or Bumps-to-Babes but that might be pushing it). Is this possible on our limited budget? Any tips appreciated!

[email protected] :)

joannek is offline Registered User
    you can try amextravel.com.hk. a very reputable hong kong travel agent who might help you.

Sandra & Evan is offline Registered User
    Le Meridien at Cyberport is pretty kids-friendly. There is a lot of open space for kids to run around. It's attached to a small mall, not that many shops, but it's got a huge Wise Kids toy shop that has a large playroom (they do charge $80 for a session).

Sumei is offline Registered User
    I agree too, Le Meridien is very new, nice rooms (that fit your budget) and a nice little pool too and it quiet and green with ALOT of pretty open spaces for a toddler to have a good run around. You also have 2 coffee chains, Kosmo and Starbucks for your morning and afternoon caffeine fix. There is also a large enough Park & Shop at the Cyberport complex to pick up basic necessities like diapers, wipes, shampoo etc, fresh milk, bread, fresh fruit and snacks and as mentioned, one of the largest nicest toy shops in HK, Wisekids which also runs a playroom in the morning and afternoon (again, one of the best freeplay areas, HK$80 for one and a half hours)......I think your only downside is that Cyberport which is located in Pok Fu Lam area (residential by the sea) is not near shopping and central - you are about a 20 min cab ride into central. Having said that, unless you plan on doing heaps of shopping and eating, that shouldn't be a problem, Cyberport is very self-sufficient and great when you have young kids.

rani is offline Administrator
    Ther Meridien is nice but it is isolated. The hotel does offer a shuttle service to Central, but its not very frequent. Also, what does your picky eater like to eat? Eating options are limited. We tend to eat at Wildfire (pizzas/spaghetti) for lunch (our office is in Cyberport too).
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Ther Meridien is nice but it is isolated. The hotel does offer a shuttle service to Central, but its not very frequent. Also, what does your picky eater like to eat? Eating options are limited. We tend to eat at Wildfire (pizzas/spaghetti) for lunch (our office is in Cyberport too).
    Rani, where is the Wildfire at Cyberport?

rani is offline Administrator
    The Wildfire is in the Food Court in the Arcade. It's right above the Cinema on the 4/F.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

thanks Rani!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast