Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please advise, hiring new maid (a vent)

spockey is offline Registered User
    I've experienced a cancellation of application. I agree with all the others too. And as far as immigration is concerned, if neither party is interested then, the appointment need not be kept and the visa will be canceled. It's stated in the appointment letter. You can also call and fax to immigration a letter stating that you are no longer interested in pursuing the application.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    Well, I don't need to alert Immigration because after finally being to reach her today at noon, she told me she doesn't want to work for me anymore. I guess that's all for the better since she is so unreliable.

But I am having a c-section next week, what am i gonna do?! Sigh.

Thanks for all your support.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    mintycat, you poor thing! It's not the end of the world; in fcat better find out now than have her start and get even more unreliable. Keep interviewing. In the meantime, you can use one of the cleaning agencies and maybe Rent-a-Mum. These options are much more expensive, but at least will buy you some time until you find the right helper. And DO NOT turn down any offers of help from friends! Everything helps - getting Wellcome to deliver, wearing your husband to a frazzle, flying a genuinely helpful family member over etc. Good luck!!!

mintycat is offline Registered User
    She just left my place after coming her to return all the papers to me. She told me the reason is because my mom's helper recommended her and they recently had a falling out. She found out that I had also interviewed my mom's maid's cousin from the Philippines and she asked me if I did. I said yes and that was a long time ago, I do have the right to interview anyone but in the end, I decided to hire her, didn't I? (Didn't want to hire from the Phil as it will take too long) She said she doesn't want to argue and be in contact with my mom's maid anymore. So that's the reason!

witty_han is offline Registered User
    Hi Mintycat,

I have sent you an application before, if you're interested I am still available. it will only take 4-6 weeks of processing if you'll hire directly from Philippines.

Thank you very much.

Hannah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12