Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can you take ready made formula on planes?

madaboutCows is offline Registered User

Can you take ready made formula on planes?

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken on board ready made formula since the new restrictions have been in place.

We will be travelling to the UK on British Airways and would only need 3 feeds. Do they allow it?

Thank You!

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I am in a similar situation. I guess I will take powder and mix it on board. One thing is where to get the hot water. I was wondering if we'd be able to take a flask and ask the cafes, etc. (once we pass customs) for boiling water and then mix that with bought distilled water on the plane.

madaboutCows is offline Registered User
    Hi Sky, It's hard to know what to do isn't it? I'm just worried that all the cafes and shops will be closed as our flight is so late. They should have bottled water on the plane though I hope. When are you flying? Luckily my 15 month old only has a few milk feeds a day now but I'm really relying on the milk to settle him off after we board.

Thanks.

Actually come to think of it I am on a very early flight. Can't remember if its 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. hope the cafes are open. I shall be flying to UK on 31st May. My baby is 9 months, hopefully we will get by with only a few feeds too as he is eating mushy food now. I'll have to get some baby food ( and raw fruit) ready.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Why don't you just take a bottle of evian with you? if they confiscate (which I can't imagine they would), the plane can supply bottled water.

This may not be what you would use at home, but for the sake of a couple of feeds it will be fine, and it's not as though your babies are newborns any longer so their digestive systems are more mature.

Plus, if you are only carrying the powder (rather than pre-made), takes less space and weight in your hand luggage!

This is what I have done in the past.

Thing is baby is used to warm milk. Maybe will have to give him room temp milk if can't get any boiling water.

aprilbaby is offline Registered User
    you could use some boiling water from the flight and add to evian water to make the baby's bottle the right temp, won't hurt for a couple of feeds.

I read that it is not safe to use the hot water on the planes as they may not have been boiled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast