Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pregnant and exercise videos/options?

kellyst is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Pregnant and exercise videos/options?

I'm about 10 weeks pregnant now. Looking for some form of exercise that i can do and follow at home, maybe a good tape on yoga or something like that.

i'd like to exercise more regularly, not doing it at all now, i work full time and also have a 20mth old girl that i try to spend as much time as possible with. so looking for something good and convenient to do after putting her to bed.
    Exercise videos seems like a good choice.

Any recommendations on good ones you've tried out and actually stuck with?

ELT is offline Registered User
    Can't think of any exercise better than swimming, especially now that the weather is getting hotter and hotter each day.

If you are looking for something easy to follow, perhaps you can try yoga for pregnant women? Think I've seen such DVDs at HMV. But do consult your doctor before you take on any exercise.
    Last edited by ELT; 05-28-2007 at 04:10 PM.

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
    If you haven't been exercising at all before you got pregnant, now is not the time to start anything vigorous. Yoga is good (if you just look through the section at HMV, there will be several choices). If you really want some exercise though, walking is always good. if your hubby or helper can stay with your daughter after she is in bed, you can go out for a walk for 20 or 30 minutes.
    All the best,

lucy0 is offline Registered User
    Hong kong Island
    I got a DVD set from HMV that called Pre & Post Natal workouts for about $120. It included 2 DVDs, 30 minutes each, one for pre and the other is for post. I exercise about 3 days/week and find it quite easy to follow and safe to do. But I didn't start until I was in my 15th week.

I hope this will help.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    As the other posters are alluding to, make sure the yoga is for pregnant women as some yoga positions should not be tried/should be modified at various stages of pregnancy.
    And the wise advice from ELT--ask your doctor first as everyone is different.