Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

baby slings

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMing View Post
    Has anyone used the Mayasling to breastfeed in public? Is it discreet?
    Yes and yes. It has a tail you can fling over your shoulder which hides everything.

jools is offline Registered User
    That was my first introduction to a Mayawrap. A lady on the bus, put her baby in the sling, latched it on for a feed and picked up her two shopping bags and got off the bus. I thought to myself, I've gotta have one of those. I have now been using a sling for three years with our second and third and on my top five list of things that you must have with a baby it's number one.

momofthree is offline Registered User
    I second all the Jools says.Its a fab must have piece in my book!

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    I agree, they are ok for older toddlers, but just bear in mind that the span of time you'll use the wrap depends on how heavy your child is.

Mine is 20 months and 14kg, and I actually have to be very careful of my back because if I carry him at all, in any way, with or without a sling, I get a sore back for a few days.

The ring sling I have does help for very short trips, like getting to and from bus stop, then into taxi, etc, but not if I'm going to the shops. My baby was too big for the ring sling on long trips like that by about 11 months.

I have an Ergo which is more expensive, but has lasted me much longer, and I could take my toddler shopping in that. Still have to watch my back though.

The great thing about Maya wraps and similar is that they have a good resell value, so you can end up getting a good 50% or more back selling it 2nd hand.

pinkpearl is offline Registered User
    somehow...my baby has never liked the sling...he use to feel uncomfortable...so i have hardly used it.
    Or the other reason could be that i have never been able to put him in the right position......
    so,as other's say...the know, how to use is very imp...
    good luck

superMaMa is offline Registered User
    I did use the sling to breastfeed while walking on the street, shopping, having coffee with my friend in the cafe..............I can't do that with my baby now, because she is 16 months and can't breastfeed like when she was few months old.

I think the sling is really good for breastfeed in the public.
    Last edited by superMaMa; 07-06-2007 at 02:32 AM.

jools is offline Registered User
    Our little lady was 11kg at 12 months, so no light weight. I also have back issues-including having to call an ambulance out because of excruciating pain.

I carried our daughter in a mayawrap sling until was about 21 months, when I was too heavily pregnant with our third to get her leg comfortably over the bump-not because her weight made it uncomfortable.

I would say you need to find the baby carrier that's right for you. Having just finished reading 'Attachment Parenting'-I am even more convinced that 'wearing' your baby is vital for their development.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I used my sling regularly until my baby was about 2.5 years old and then only when she was ill. The last time I used it was during a trip to Japan when she was ill - she was 3.5 years at the time.

But I have a friend with severe back problems who found any carrier too painful after the babies were about 10 months. You can use a sling for as long as you can comfortably carry your child.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast