Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

High FSH and advance age

Ruby06 is offline Registered User

High FSH and advance age

Hi Everyone,

I was diagnostic with High FSH last Dec. At the age of 39. My doctor
    said my chance of getting pregnant is very slim even with IVF, some clinic even refuse to provide any treatment and gave me the donar egg lecture. However, I was not ready for that yet?

I finally found out one docotor who are willing to offer me to try with Natural cycle ivf. Just wondering if anyone came across similar situation and have experience to share?

Many thanks.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    sorry, do not know much about FSH, but would IVM treatment instead of IVF make it easier for you?

Neha is offline Banned
    Hi

it is true the chances of using your own eggs are not good that is why they are suggesting you Donor eggs . High FSH means u have little eggs or no eggs at all. You can try IVF chances of concieving will be even lower than normal IVF. We also had the same problem. We also did few cycles but no success. Even u have your own eggs they need to be of good quality for the doctors to fertilse them and then implant. Clinics discouraging you is probably trying to save you money or heartbreak. As every cycle u do and if the result is negative it is very disheartening . But still for your own satisfaction and if money is not an issue try doing one cycle But I would suggest not wasting much time because of your age.
    Best of luck

Hi Neha,

Thanks for your reply.

Just wondering how high is your FSH and what kind of IVF did u do? Natural cycle or normal one.

Yes. I understand the chance is no good. But I think most ppl in my situation will at least give it a try.

As u said, you are in the same situation, yet you try a few cycles, right?

Cutie is offline Registered User
    Ruby,

Don't be upset and dont give up.
    Woman who have High FSH DO get pregnant. Just that the chance may not be as good.
    High FSH only mean you may not have much egg left. But you only need ONE good egg to be successful.
    I saw a case of a woman with FSH = 22, at the age of 42. She got only one follicle. With that only ONE follilce, she did a ivf and get pregnant and delieved a healthy baby.
    So, you never know.

Neha,

Don't be so discouraging, you are not successful doesn't mean other ppl will not be successful too. As long as Ruby wanna to try, i guess we need to be supportive.

Hi Cutie,

Thanks for your support. That's is what I need right now.

Yes. I surely understand what is mean by high FSH and what's the chance is of a 39 yrs old. I do not need "ppl" to explain to me as if I have no knowledge of it. And surely, don't need "ppl" to say -ve thing to discourage me. May be some ppl are unsuccessful and they think other ppl will have the same fate with them.

But i am very clear that, every ppl's case is different. And I know ppl who have similar cases as me do success!!!

Therefore, I do think if there are still chance I should not give up.

Cutie, really thanks for your support and encouragement....

thanks a lot.

loraine is offline Registered User
    Good luck in your decision Ruby06.

Let's not bee too hard on Neha either! She was just being honest and letting you know her story. She kept positive and suggested you might still give it a try. But she probaby knows all about the emotional rollercoaster you are about to embark on, therefore trying for years and years might not be profitable?

Neha is offline Banned
    Thanks lorraine for the support. I was actually just telling you my story. We did 5 cycles and all negative so I know how disappointing it can be. I am not being discouraging but I do understand exactly how Ruby06 feels you want to try and u wish , hope and pray that miracles happens. I am just telling you to be open to egg donor and other options because for us at the end of the day what was important was to be parents.

Best of luck and hope and your cycle is succesfull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast