Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Weight Gain during Pregnancy

Polly is offline Registered User
    In the book What to Expect When You're Expecting recommends an overall weight gain of between 11 - 16Kg to be gained as consistently as possible throughout. I ate really healthy; making sure I had my recommended portions of carbs, protein, dairy, fruit & veg every day. I gained 14Kg; pretty much gaining 500g a week after the 1st trimester.

I exclusively breastfeed and I dropped the weight really quickly and I'm around 4Kg heavier than pre-pregnancy but need to be with the breastfeeding.

Canucker is offline Registered User
    Hey Guys,

Everyone and everybody is different so don't get worried if you put on 20lbs or 80lbs or 5kgs or 40kgs. As long as you are eating mostly good foods don't worry about it. I am now 40 weeks and one day overdue and have put on 9.8kgs in total and would you believe at one point the nurses were scolding me for eating too many fruits and vegetables. I am 5'11 and by 28 weeks I had gained 6.1kg and they were calling me "obese."

Before I got pregnant I ran daily and worked out with a PT to make sure I was in the best shape of my life for getting pregnant... believe me it took everything in me not to scream when told I was "obese" and eating to much fruit and veggies from a nurse who stands 5'2.

And if you crave a scoop of ice cream, go have it!

Canucker

coffeebeenz is offline Registered User
    I have put on 23 kilos -(67K to 90K)- due any day now. (I put most of it down to binge-eating on a 2-week holiday in England in May.) I have been exercising and eating healthily since then, so am not sure why I have put on so much weight. I have been feeling fine; no back ache, digestive problems etc., and can get around fine, so I guess it's just one of those things. I wouldn't worry about weight gain too much unless you are getting adverse symptoms or your doctor flags it as a problem.

momofthree is offline Registered User

Smile

I put on exactly 15 kgs with all my three.First one put on only 2kgs in the first trimester and then packed the rest on at the end.Second gained more that half my weight by the end of the first trimester,so I was really worried,but it evened out and I gained less towards the end.Number three was an even weight gain over the entire 40 weeks.So each pregnancy is different even with the same person!

I ate very healthy food for the most part and did indulge the odd craving.I just noticed that my serving sizes were quite large!I BF all for just over a year and was below my pre-pregnancy weight each time after that year.

Just try to keep active and eat reasonably.Remember that women that are underweight to start generally pack on more weight than those who are carrying extra when they concieve.By my book as long as you are in good shape when you fall pregnant you will have no problem getting the weight off in the end.

Enjoy this time-its over far to fast!

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    8kg with baby #1. He was 3kg at birth. I'm due in 6 weeks with baby #2 and 13kg to date.

I had far too much time with baby #1 to obsess, (even though I was working FT). Eating only homecooked organic food and when dining out being really careful about food choices. I did loads of swimming and walking, with yoga and pilates classes on top.

This time, I'm busy with my toddler, so have less free time to fret and generally more relaxed.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I gained 40lbs!! Baby was only 4lbs...

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    As long as you're healthy and your doctor is not concerned about your (non) weight gain, you're fine! I'd be more worried about getting rid of the pounds afterwards. For both pregnancies, I only gained 14lbs and lost the weight very quickly in a couple of weeks; but then both times, I actually gained while breastfeeding! My 2nd is now almost 6 months and I still have about at least 10lbs to lose!

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    I feel much better after reading these posts! I am just about 12 weeks and think I have already put up 4kg (although I am convinced this is 100% in my chest since I cannot tell anywhere else but have gone up 2 bra sizes already!!) Was getting concerned about this early weight gain but I guess I should chill out. Thanks for all the advice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast