Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Weight Gain during Pregnancy

peainpod is offline Registered User

Cyberfish88, I'm trying to draw comfort from the fact that my 5 kilo gain (at 16weeks) is partly due to my breasts too. I've also gone up 2 bra sizes and even the bra extension isn't really working anymore. I finally broke down and bought my first maternity/nursing bra (altho haven't actually started wearing it yet). The good news about the early increase in bra sizes during pregnancy is that ppl tell me you'll probably produce more breastmilk once your baby is born. Since I'm hoping to breastfeed as much as possible, the news is a nice consolation.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I asked my OB at my 24 week appointment about weight gain guidelines and he was really relaxed about it. I had gained 20lbs (9kgs) already. He said as long as the fetus is not extremely big or small you don't have to worry to much about your diet as long as you are eating well and getting all the nutrients recommeded.

turtle is offline Registered User

I gained 16kg, which is what is considered normal, although felt massive, breastfed for 8 months, struggled to loose the last 5kg, but have now had 3 miscarriages since.... my point is WHO CARES?!!! Pls just enjoy what you have and don;t worry about the small stuff...

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I posted a new thread about 2nd pregnancy weight gain. I ended up gaining about 18kgs and was ALL belly. I look at photos now and can't believe how much my belly stood out. I did get a few stretch marks though. I am hoping to keep weight gain this time around to under 15kg. Worried that I will get more stretch marks :p

Michelle2009 is offline Registered User

I'm at approx 29 weeks now and have gained about 15lbs so far. This is baby no.1 and I was told at the outset by my dr that a gain of 20-25lbs is quite normal for my size (I am only 5ft2) and weighed about 115lb at 10 weeks when I first found out I was pregnant. At the end of the day, I have really enjoyed my pregnancy and have not restricted myself so no complaints! No stretch marks so far...but early days still!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Everyone and everybody is different so don't get worried if you put on 20lbs or 80lbs or 5kgs or 40kgs. As long as you are eating mostly good foods don't worry about it. I am now 40 weeks and one day overdue and have put on 9.8kgs in total and would you believe at one point the nurses were scolding me for eating too many fruits and vegetables. I am 5'11 and by 28 weeks I had gained 6.1kg and they were calling me "obese."
    Canucker
    Amen! I put on 80 pounds, that's 36 kilos. When I gave birth, I was exactly 100 pounds (45 kilos) heavier than my husband! That was a pretty big blow to my body image, actually. Losing the weight, for quite some time was very depressing.

I lost probably 15 pounds (7 kilos) right after the birth and another 15 pounds in the first few months. Then with breastfeeding I only gained weight--it did nothing whatsoever to make me lose weight, even when I was breastfeeding exclusively.

When my son was 9 months-old I started losing a bit more and from that time, over the past 10 months, I've lost about 35 pounds (16 kilos). In order to get back down to my goal weight I have another 35 pounds to go. I hope to drop it a lot faster and be back to my best weight by Christmas. I just keep plugging at it.

I don't recommend gaining 80 pounds while pregnant, though. I didn't gain any weight in the first trimester because I was nauseous and didn't eat. I gained a bit in the second trimester but then between my 5-6 month of pregnancy I put on 20 (9 kilos) pounds in one month! I honestly wasn't doing anything different but my belly just popped out there! Then it was a downward spiral from there. I sure wish I had been one of those ladies who gained only 20 pounds or less--would have made my life a lot easier!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234