Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Anybody NOT join any paying playgroups and doing great?

Matty is offline Registered User
    Actually Carang, Yes she did relocate, but also the reason that she couldn't find a buyer was because Rumpus Rooms was losing money.

Perhaps, 'went broke' was the wrong way to say it, but basically the concept wasn't sustainable.
    It is a great idea, but unfortunatley with the cost of running that type of business in HK, it just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Matty; 06-07-2007 at 05:08 PM.

asiababy is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I'm curious, is there a "playgroup" in Hong Kong run by parents that is free and casual? Here in Taipei, we have a cityplaygroup. We have over 100 people on the mailing list. We meet twice a week, and just email our members to let them know where we will be. Whoever is there is there. We also run three big events and two charity rummage sales a year, none of these cost anything, people just donate and we do potluck for the events. It's just so nice to have the option of getting together with other kids and adults, if you manage to get breakfast/lunch/naps etc coordinated on that particular day.

JoTs is offline Registered User
    I appreciate that they need you to sign up for a whole term because they want to make sure that they are covering their costs... I guess I am just not used to it...

I was a stay at home Mum in the UK too - and there were loads of music groups/playgroups/gym groups etc, where you could just turn up and pay on the door. Maybe its just that rentals are so expensive here, that playgroups have to be stricter too...

I have only been here for 7 weeks, so still just getting used to how everything is done here!

carang is offline Registered User
    i think you're right, it is difficult for a place like rumpus rooms because the local market is not "into" it. they like to think their kids are "learning" something and it can be difficult for some locals to understand that the kids ARE in fact learning and that a child's job should be "play"...

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Hi can anyone give me more details about rumpus room? I know its closed now but i'm doing some research for an idea i have...How much did they charge for a dropin? thanks in advance!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Hi please disregard my above msg., i found the heated rumpus room board and have found most of the answers to my questions there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234