Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Working mums: Do you feel comfortable leaving baby at home to be taken care by DH?

spockey is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by capital View Post
    The first few weeks will be the hardest, but it will get easier and you will really enjoy the time you have with your chidlren even more.
    I agree with Capital on the above sentiment. I have noticed an increase in quality time we have. I've had to sacrifice any opportunities of a social life over the weekends as I put my family first (Don't mind this at all). Our son seems to be more "focused" on family time too. When either one of us is home, he doesn't "attach" himself to the DH. We've put in a lot of effort to ensure that our DH understands that if we are home, her babysitting service is not required.

I still miss him though. I never used to worry when hubby was a Stay at Home Dad but now that he's in the care of our DH till about 5.30pm everyday, I still fret even though it's been 3 months since we've had to "hand him over".

We didn't install a web cam but did think about it. I thought it was a bit over the top. But we did enroll him in a playgroup that allowed us (and his grandparents who are overseas) to view him at playtime twice a week.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    The advice that ELT gave was very good.

I did not worry about leaving my BBs w/ my domestic helper.

First it was because they were already 3 months
    old when I went back to work, so I felt like I knew how the domestic helper would care for them.

Second, my helper was quite experienced. She was in her early 40s when she started w/ us. She had 3 sons
    (ages 16-22 when she started w/ us) and had also been a primary school teacher back in the Philippines. So, I knew that she was more experienced w/ babies than I was at that point, and that she also loved kids and was very gentle. This was one of the reasons we hired her - I wanted an experienced woman who knew babies and young kids.

Her English was very good and I also shared w/ her the baby care books I read and discussed nutrition and other things w/ her.

Things worked out well for us. I hope the same works w/ you.

cristinainhk is offline Registered User
    hong kong

i know it is very very hard to leave the babies, but I think you should try and trust your DH. Mine have always been pretty good with the baby and I have therefore a positive approach. I do not think using IP cams is a good idea. You will have to get used to the idea that you cannot control or protect your baby 24 hours a day: sad to say but true! you will always worry (no matter what) but will have to get used to it.
    Give your DH clear instructions, emergency numbers and ask her to report to you at given times.
    Your baby will be fine!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12