Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

placenta nosode - a homoeopathic remedy

Heikeli is offline Registered User

placenta nosode - a homoeopathic remedy

Hello,

I have heard form a friend in Germany that she got pills made from the placenta, which helped her a lot with the baby. She uses them when her baby got her first teeth to relief the pain for example or when she got pain in the stomach etc..
    Has anybody here heard about that and if it is possible to get these pills made in Hong Kong?

Here is a a link, where you can find more information about that:
    http://www.placenta-nosode.de/plazentanosodeEN.asp

Thanks in advance.

Heike

capital is offline Banned
    I don't know anyone personally who has done this but I have heard that some people bury the placenta and plant a tree, or eat the placenta. I guess if that is your belief all the power to you, but not personally something I would be doing. The placenta certainly contains hormones, and I guess would be a good source of iron, but as far as a pain reliever for teething, or stomach ache? I don't think so. What pain relieving properties would the placenta have? None that I am aware of.

I don't talk about eating and planting.
    Did you read the informaion in the link, which is attached to my thread?
    If you believe in homoeopathy, you would not ask this question....but thank you anyway for your comment.

capital is offline Banned
    As a matter of fact I did read that website. I found nothing that idicated these pills, or the placenta would relieve pain.

there is a wide spectrum of applications for the placenta. Compared to other homoeopathic pharmaceuticals, a "pharmaceutical pattern" has been developed for the placenta as well. This pamphlet was prepared to describe the situations and diseases for which the remedy can be used. Among other conditions, several infections, "female complaints" and states of exhaustions are specified for the placenta - a close coherency with the functions of the placenta during pregnancy is obvious

This is very vague and gives no detail.

infection: it is immunoglobulin which prevents infection, not the placenta itself, other than being a physical barrier.

female complaints. I suppose in the sense that the placenta makes hormones it could help some "female complaints". Whatever that means. there are all kinds of female complaints that all have different causes, so I am leary of a one size fits all pill

states of exhaustion: low hemoglobin can certainly cause exhaustion, and the left over blood in the placenta is a good source of iron. but I have my doubts that you could get very much iron from a "pea sized" amount of placenta tissue. So the question is if they are making pills from a peasized amount of tissue, what else is in the pill

I am not against homeopathy. Ther are lots of examples of less tradional medical practises which are shown to have benefits through research, like acupunture for example.I am leary of companies who make such a generic claim, with no specific information, let alone any research. It sounds like a scam.

Hi,
    thanks for going into detail, but the problem is, that there is much more information but I haven't found more which is translated in English because I only know this from Germany.

Maybe somebody who reads this knows more and can help me out with other foreign companies.

Actually was this my question, if somebody knows if this is available in HK and if there is any experience with this in HK.
    I know friends who used it and they are convinced, so I am I and I am looking for a service in HK.

NaturalBaby is offline Registered User
    I remember that my dad purchased some placenta pills (胎盤丸) in bottles from Yue Hwa (裕華国貨) 20 years ago. Not sure if they still sell it. Can't remember if it was made from human or animal placenta.

Sure the hospitals treat it as a medical waste. Sometimes they need some sample from it, but it only takes a tiny portion. In US, you have to ask in advance, insist, and be confident and self-responsible to make sure they give you back your placenta. After all, it comes from your body, so it belongs to you. You can ask for your tooth back at the dentist after the dentist pulls it out, right? Same logic.

I believe in nature knows the best. Many animals eat their own placenta after their babies are born. I've seen my cat and my dog did that. Placenta is full of nutrients. If you can manage, eat a tiny piece raw for the first week three times a day. Then make the rest into dry powder. (Prepackage the tiny pieces individually and keep in the freezer. If you don't do something with it within the first 72 hours, you must bag it in two zip log bags and freeze it.)

Your placenta contains a lot of the Cordical Releasing Hormone (CRH). This hormone effects your mood, and it takes your body quite a while to produce. Once your placenta leaves your body, the drop of this hormone is dramatic. This is one reason many women have postpartum depression, which is different from baby blues. Baby blues lasts only a few weeks.

Placenta has many benefits. As for postpartum use, benefits include:
    1) Ensure plentiful milk supply
    2) Increase maternal energy level
    3) Prevent postpartum depression
    4) Improve recovery time

If you don't finish it during postpartum, safe it and use it during menopause. I've even heard that the placenta of a male baby can benefit men.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by NaturalBaby; 06-18-2010 at 05:48 AM.