Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need to find DH new placement

spockey is offline Registered User

Need to find DH new placement

Hi everyone.

I have a DH who is really good with my son.
    She is hardworking too. But her English ability is becoming a problem for our family. She says our accent is too hard for her to understand and that we speak too fast. So a lot of miscommunication has arisen.

We are both working so it's becoming very tiring for me to train and micromanage her. My husband doesn't come home til later so he's of little help. The most inconvenient thing is that since I work, the short hour and half while my son is still awake, I really don't wish to spend the time instructing her on how I want out dinner done. By the time by son goes to bed, I am really knackered as coming home to start my second shift is beginning to take it's toll.

She really suits a nice family with a Chinese/English background. Her concepts for what a totally Western family needs is limited. I have given her ample time to acclimatise so to speak but I think the time has come to say it's not working for either of us.

I do not wish to abandon her as she works and tries hard and am aware of her needs to support a family. But, it's really becoming a chalk and cheese condition as far as our needs and her efforts are concerned.

If you do know of a family that would like to use her service, please let me know.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Is she a Philippino / Indonesian ?

Bear Lau:

She's from the Philippines.

superMaMa is offline Registered User

How old is she? I have a 16 months old daughter and a dog. does she has any experience to take care of a toddler?
    Does her English is really bad? Cos my husband is british.
    Can she speak chinese?

She is 36 years old. She speaks Cantonese as her previous employer is Chinese. She's raised 3 sons on her own. She's done a great job with my son. If I was a "Stay At Home Mum", I'd keep her as I would have time to instruct her. But I'm not. I am simply exhausted from trying. Her English is o.k. for a household that doesn't require a lot of Western references as we do.

I'm a work at home mom, when my girl get to this age. I really need a full time helper to help me at home, so that I could do my work. I'm interesting but I have to talk to my husband first. I'll let you know.
    Can she cook? chinese an western food?
    Cheers

Sure. Let me know. She can cook Chinese stuff e.g. soups and stir-fries but Western, we've had to direct her.

I spoke to my husband and we are interested. First we would like to have a meeting with the DH and you to make a final decision.
    I'll send you my phone number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast