Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Direct hire of helper from Singapore

angeilin is offline Registered User

Direct hire of helper from Singapore

I'm planning to do a direct hire of an Indonesian helper from Singapore and after checking with some agencies, they said I had to go through an Indonesian agent to get the helper into HK as she's never worked her before. And by doing so, the helper has pay the agency close to 6 months of her salary. Is this the case? Pls shed some light if anyone has any advice.

rani is offline Administrator
    Did she work for you in Singapore? If not, you will have to go thru an agency, and yes it is expensive. I tried to hire a friend's Indonesian nanny and the agency wanted $22K to process her papers and for re-training. We both gave-up and she decided to go to Singapore instead.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

sourcing is offline Registered User
    I read from other threads, you need to be an indonesian to be able to direct hire an indonesian helper. That was the rules from the Indonesian consulate.

angeilin is offline Registered User
    She works for my mother in Indonesia. After more research, it is actually the Indonesian consulate who gets a kick-back from the agency here. I do feel sorry that they have to give so much of their pay to the agencies. If I take this option then I'll have to find an agency that does not need that many months salary, if not, then I'll get part time helper.

vivianhui is offline Registered User
    If I am not wrong, almost all agencies that process the paper work and bring Indonesian maids to HK will charge the helper at least 6-7 months' of salary. I do feel bad for the Indonesian maids who have to give up the fruit of their hard work for half a year just to earn the ticket to come work in HK.

rani is offline Administrator
    Plus the agencies tell employers they can underpay Indonesian helpers. A lot of them are only getting $2K/ mth and only one sunday off. Poor women, it takes them close to a year to pay the agencies their placement fee.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loft71 is offline Registered User
    Last Nov, I direct hired my maid from Indon who used to work for my brother in Singapore. I checked around & found this agency the best but still need to pay a fee of HK$14K, at least cheaper than others & it includes airtickets, all fees & 2 years insurance. You may contact Elsa at 25228071. This agency is the best! I paid the fee direct to the agent & got my maid into HK, everything arranged incl bringing her to apply HKID card (some agents don't do it), I only picked her up from agent's office in Central after work. As we like this maid very much so we paid the fee and did not deduct her pay. You may deduct the HK$14K over 6 or 7 months of her pay, it's still cheaper than paying HK$22K to agent & Indon Cons Gen, they are real suckers.

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Plus the agencies tell employers they can underpay Indonesian helpers. A lot of them are only getting $2K/ mth and only one sunday off. Poor women, it takes them close to a year to pay the agencies their placement fee.
    hi rani,

how come the maid only paid 2K / mth, n only 1 sunday off? is it illegal? cos i tot there r some regulation from the immigration dept with regards to the pay n day off tat the employer must follow.

thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast