Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

First timers in everything incl hiring a domestic helper!!

colourfulbeads is offline Registered User

First timers in everything incl hiring a domestic helper!!

Dear All,

I'm just over 3 months pregnant but already very confused more that excited. Both my husband and myself are working and hence would require to hire a live in maid with experience or qualification in baby sitting, preferably with someone that can speak some Cantonese to communicate with my in laws. If you have any referral, it will be much appreciated!

regislea is offline Registered User
    I help out at a helpers charity - helpline4helpers. We are helping an Indonesian girl who has just terminated her contract after very poor treatment by her employer. She needs a job badly or she will be thrown out of Hong Kong - the two week rule - despite the fact that she has done nothing wrong (except try to follow the law).

She has worked for two years in Singapore,and four years in Hong Kong, plus six months with the bad employer before she finally called enough. She has worked with young children and actually has a son herself who is, I believe, around seven.

She has good English, and can cook Chinese and Indonesian, and some Western. We have undertaken to pay for her to have Western cookng lessons if that is necessary.

You can call me at 6403 7868 and I’ll put you in touch.

I should explain that I am male - one problem is that she has been called for interview with people who are supposedly married couples; when she arrives, the “husband” only is there and the requirements are made all too clear. Thus, I am screening her calls.

Yours sincerely,

Kingsley Smith