Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What food can I bring for the holiday?

superMaMa is offline Registered User

What food can I bring for the holiday?

I will be going on a holiday with my 16 months old daughter, what food should I bring for her? I was thinking to buy the ready baby food that you can buy from the supermarket. Is that good?

capital is offline Banned

Why not just feed her whatever you are eating? My 15 month old just eats off the table, like the rest of us and he has been eating this way for a long time. Not sure why you would need to take any special foods. I would bring along lots of finger food snacks and maybe juice boxes for when you are out, but the meals I wouldn't bother with.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

We recently went on holiday with my 16 month old and we took jars of baby food with us, cos I have not been seasoning our daughter's food with salt and so she does not eat what we eat, at least not when we are having food outside. I consider having a tit bit here and there of adult food as taster is ok, but am relunctant to start her on salt and sugar laden adult food so soon, but that's just me. If you are planning to take jars of baby food, you should try it at home first to see whether your toddler likes it. My daughter loves the stuff and I had to slowly wean her off the jar stuff when we got back from holiday!

kashismum is offline Registered User

Agree that it's not such a good idea to feed a 16 month old lots of salt and sugar laden food, but there are usually appropriate foods.

Where are you going on holiday?

If you were staying is some remote Thai village, you may have challenges. But, assuming you are staying in a tourist spot, you'd be ok.

Breakfast is congee/cereal/toast/scrambled egg. Lunch + dinner is plain boiled rice/noodles/pasta with some plain (buttered?) veggies and meat cut into cubes followed by fresh fruit.

Buffets are the easiest. If you're ordering a la carte, just ask for it how you like it to be cooked i.e no salt/sugar.

Hope this helps, and can save you from packing dozens of jars!!

superMaMa is offline Registered User

I'm going to Shanghai to visit my friends, the food in China is full of MSG. That's why I'm thinking to bring the baby jar food, but I used to feed that to my baby when she is just over 6 months old. Does those jar food is suitable for toddler?

AndreaY is offline Registered User

For toddlers, the jars are stated to be suitable for 10-15months old or stage 3/4, so it will be ok.

virginiayue is offline Registered User

Shanghai should be OK, you can always order some plain steam or boil fish, meat, or veg with steam rice or soup noodles. As long as you told the restaurant not to put any msg, I am sure they can do it without any trouble.

rani is offline Administrator

We normally give D steam fish and white rice too.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast