Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where can I buy fenugreek seed capsules?

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Yes make it like tea.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I’d like to say a couple of words about fenugreek. I’ve noticed that the effect is best when used in the first couple of weeks after the birth. It you are concerned about your milk supply for an older baby I suggest reading about Domperidone, http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/D...ombinedpdf.pdf

The normal dose is three copulates three times a day. It is unlikely that you can drink enough tea in one day to meet this dosage. One way to know if you have managed to take enough is because your urine and sweat will have a maple syrup smell.

I also suggest reading Dr. Jack Newman’s protocol for increasing your milk supply.
    Protocol to Increase Breastmilk Intake by the Baby http://www.drjacknewman.com/index.ph...110&Itemid=150

The steps are:
    • Get the best latch possible.
    • Know how to know the baby is getting milk.
    • Once the baby is no longer drinking on his own, use compression to increase flow to the baby.
    • When the baby no longer drinks even with compression, switch sides and repeat the process.
    • Try fenugreek and blessed thistle.
    • In the evening when babies often want to be at the breast for long periods, get help to position the baby so that you can feed lying down.
    • If it is decided to supplement, the best way is at the breast with a lactation aid.
    • Domperidone is a possibility

Best wishes,
    SARAH

elmo is offline Banned
    There's a pharmacy in United Centre (Admiralty MTR) that sells a brand of fenugreek seeds called Nature's Own. Sorry, can't remember what the pharmacy is called.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I've just asked a doctor friend of mine and she told me that the usual drug in Hong Kong that is used for increase the milk supply is called Metoclopramide (Maxalon) rather than Domperidone.

enpitu is offline Registered User
    sarah and all,
    thank you very much for your advice. I just got a bottle of fenugreek and started taking it. My gal is 1 month old at the moment. I will give that a try first. also, I'll follow your advices for lactation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12