Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Laparoscopic surgery

megmeg is offline Registered User

Laparoscopic surgery

Hi,

Did anyone have an experience with laparoscopic surgery in Sanatorium or Queen Mary?
    Could you recommend any doctor who is good at laparoscopic surgery.

I really want to have a baby.

Please give me advice about it.
    Last edited by megmeg; 06-13-2007 at 11:01 PM.

hearty is offline Registered User
    MayC, I would also like to know which hospital is better, Queen Mary or Sanatorium, and which particular doctor.
    I'm still considering if I should go for laparoscopy. Been TTC for 15 months. How long after laparoscopy(if you had) did you conceive? Thanks.

amitkhungs is offline Registered User

opinion between Dr Stephanie Chow and Dr Cora Ngai

Hi.. i have been diagnosed with endometriosis with 6cm choclate cyst. We have seen Dr Stephanie Chow and Dr Cora Ngai and both have suggested surgery. Dr. Stephanie Chow appear probably more skillful but very rushed whereas Dr Cora Ngai seems to be much patient and explains in very detail though not sure if she is as skillfull as Dr. Stephanie Chow.
    I am not able to decide who is better for laproscopic surgery. Anybody has any suggestions/experiences on who is better of the two.
    Thanks.
    Regards.

W2BMOM is offline Registered User
    Hi!

Never heard of Dr Cora Ngai but I had a laproscopy for endometriosis by the other dr u mentioned. She is usually assisted by her dad who is a professor during the surgery, as in my case. The reason I went for the surgery was because I had been trying for a baby for more than 2 years with no success. She suspected endometriosis and suggested that I have the surgery. The surgery went well for me with regards to the healing process. I was diagnosed with only mild endometriosis. However I still didn't get pregnant after that.

It was only later that I found out from my present dr that during the surgery she could have removed quite an amount of tissue from my ovary/ovaries. That resulted in my deteriorating ovarian reserve as shown in my FSH test (14). He said it was not necessary for me to have the surgery in the first place. As a result I had to resort to IVF, and am now 4 months into my pregnancy after wasting 4 long years. This dr also told me that her patients has been going to him to have their problems rectified and most of them had the surgery done by her. Apparently she is my company (now ex) dr and we are covered by medical insurance if you know what I mean...... Also the dr said he has never seen such "old fashioned" surgery method! Maybe it's her dad's work.

Anyway, the decision is up to you but I hope you seek some more opinions before you decide as this is after all a surgery no matter how uninvasive. I really don't want the same mistake to happen to anyone again. Also if you decide to go to her, make sure you are prepared to part with your $$$$. I always find myself paying lots out of my own pocket even if I'm under company a/c.

If you decide to consult another dr, I hope it's not Phillip Ho as I had some bad experiences with him with 2 failed IUIs. I've mentioned somewhere in this forum so I'm not going to repeat. Brings back sad memories you know?

Hi,
    Thankyou so much for your feedback. Can you tell me which doctor you go to now (whom you have mentioned in your feedback above). Any other good gyno doc you would recommend for surgery.
    Thanks.

Hi!,
    Regarding Cora Ngai, she is the wife of another gyno Dr. Joe Chan. She mentioned that she and her husband do the surgery together.

Do you have any information or feedback on Dr. Joe Chan and his experience in surgeries.

Thanks.

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hi, Dr Joe Chan is my OBGYN. He delivered my girl about 1 year ago by C-section. Dr Chan is very good, professional and patient. He always listen to me and answer my questions in details. Never rush!!

I know that he is also a very good gynae surgeon as commented by others in this and other websites. Some ladies did gewt pregnant after their surgery. He also got the advanced laparoscopic surgical accreditation from the College (we can see that in his clinic).

I have no doubt about his surgical technique as my wound is so nice and can be barely seen now. I definitely think that you should use Him or Dr Ngai.

W2BMOM is offline Registered User
    Hi!

My current dr is Dr Tay K W. He's another well known doctor especially in infertility field. I totally recommend him as he's good beyond words. His bookings are quite full though, so you have to call quickly in order to have an appointment but if you're lucky, they could probably squeeze you in.

He's located in TST and tel. no. is 3521 0631. I'm 5 months pregnant now after my 1st IVF attempt. I like the fact that he explains in detail without rushing us even until now when I go to him for my routine checks. Bear in mind many drs in hkg are very $$$ minded but his charges are very reasonable. He even advised me to register for check up with govt. and that really saved me some $$$.

This is just my recommendation and the choice is up to you after all but I hope you'll end up with a good dr who will be able to help with your problem. Do keep us posted on your progress. Take care!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast