Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HK Fresh Milk & S26 Progress Gold vs Aussie Fresh Milk & S26 Progress Gold

baby_aw is offline Registered User

HK Fresh Milk & S26 Progress Gold vs Aussie Fresh Milk & S26 Progress Gold

Hi,
    I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me out on the following. I'll be visiting HK with my 18 month old daughter who is currently on fresh milk (Browne's Milk for Kids brought in Australia). I'm definately sure they don't have that brand in HK, so I was going to put her back onto formula S26 Progress Gold Step 2.

I would like to know from any other aussie mums or dads the following -
    1. Is the fresh milk in HK very different to Aust? Have your kid/s noticed any change in flavour? Is it expensive?
    2. Is the S26 Progress Gold Step 2 in HK different to Aust's? I believe that Wyeth HK sells it under the Promil label. Also is it expensive? Cos it costs AUD$17.99 a can in Aust.

Thanks very much

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi baby_aw

1. We found the fresh milk here a tad sweeter. We are currently using Pura or Paul's. The Pura packaging is the same as one of the milk brands we used in Sydney last year. I can't recall which. There is the local dairy factory, Kowloon Dairy. I would use Kowloon Dairy regularly but I'm concerned about the bottles they use to store them. Probably just not used to them. However, bub has used it on an occasion when his very absent minded mum forgot to get his usual milk formula and nothing was open except for the 7-Eleven and survived. So when we are out and about, I no longer bring formula. He drinks whatever fresh milk we can get (if he really wants it) e.g. at Disneyland... he got whatever they sold at one of those little drink stands.
    2. Our 15 month old bub has just switched to S26 and has had no problems with it.
    3. The price of milk depends on where you purchase it from. We've seen it more expensive at Watson's/Wellcome/ParkNShop or cheaper depending on who's having a sale.

Enjoy your visit!

baby_aw is offline Registered User

Hi Spockey,
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    So, I can get the Pura branded milk in HK?
    I've been too HK many times, but this is the first time with bub! Hey, do you know is it easier to push the stroller around the streets in HK?
    Thanks very much

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi Baby_Aw
    It's not too bad with a stroller along the streets especially in the city if you don't need to get in and out of public transport.

We had a Bugaboo when we first came and found that it's not suitable for HK's public transport system (apart from in and out of cabs). So we got a McLaren after a couple of months maneuvering with the Bug. We still use the Bug but it's reserved for days where I know there's no public transport involved. I must say though... Bub is most comfortable in the Bug... especially on those days when mum just seems to go on forever with her shopping