Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so lost and hopeless

desert_rose is offline Registered User

so lost and hopeless

Earlier this year I was told that I might have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Did not have any idea what is it because doctor didn’t even bother to explain to me. So I decided to see another doctor.
    This week I had an appointment. She did confirm that I DO HAVE PCOS and I have many cysts in my ovaries. She said its good because we can start treatment straight away and because I m still young (26yo).
    She told me to loose some weight (which I’m doing, exercise and diet) and gave me some medicine to tackle problem called Insulin resistance. She will be monitoring me for month, 2 or so.
    But she did not mentioned to me what are the chances of having baby. I am so desperate to have one ASAP.

Does anyone have been thru similar and have some experience with PCOS and getting pregnant???
    Any advice would be so appreciated, please.
    I feel so down.

Thanks

rani is offline Administrator

Desert Rose,

Did you see this thread on PCOs?

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117015

A number of Moms have gotten pregnant.

MayC - You can also conceive with endometriotis. One of my cousins opted for the surgery and got pregnant shortly after. Don't give up hope.

Sending you both baby dust:babydustb :babydustpink

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

robyn501 is offline Registered User

Just wanted you to know, my best friend in the U.S. was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries less than 5 months ago. She is 30 and was put on hormone therapy, well she is currently 8 weeks pregnant and everything looks good. They were monitoring her ovulation, since it was not occuring and somehow, due to the drugs, she ovulated and got impregnated right away. Good luck and remember that there is hope.

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi Desert_Rose

I was diagnosed with PCOS at a routine annual check-up. Made an appointment with doctor after diagnosis to talk about how to tackle it and was told... Ermmm... there was no need... as I'm pregnant.

So... don't fret. You can still get pregnant.

Good Luck!

Hello....

Thank you so very much for all your messages and support. I know I cannot lose hope. Hopeful it will happen one day. I’m just scared for all those heartbreaks, losing hope and patience.

I guess I just have to do everything what my doctor tells me, people say she is very good one.

Its hard to be so far from home, don’t have any friends here to support you.
    I do have my husband thou and I thank God he is the most loving, supporting and patience person.

Thank you again.

gma
    gma is offline Registered User

Hang in there? God Bless you

fee
    fee is offline Registered User

Hi Desert rose

I have PCOS - and two kids. I was diagnosed about 2 years before I even got married and would go 6 months without a period. I went on a weight loss program and lost 15kg. When I wanted to conceive my ob/gyn put me on Clomid and 'bingo' I got pregant in the first month! I know I was very lucky with that.

My second was conceived naturally my fist month off the pill while my body was still in a 28 day cycle (it obviouly forgot that it can't normally work properly!).

My whole take on PCOS is that I have trouble ovulating - and there are drugs that can make you ovulate. Simple really. Nothing to get too worried about.

Fee

Thank you very much Fee for your reply.
    I do have to loose some weight as well. Im bit lost in the world of diets. Could you please recommend which one should be helpfull. I did research on the net : Low GI diet, Atkinson Diet as well.... Im just LOST :-)(

thank you
    michaela

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast