Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After c-section care

teresahui is offline Registered User

After c-section care

I have just had c-section a week ago. Doctor has put a waist band on me such that I won't feel much pain when I move around. Do you know how long I have to put the waist pad? How long I will be recovered and be able to move around without pain? Thanks!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I had a c-section a week ago too and feel almost no pain. I wasn't actually given any guidelines as to what i could and couldn't do so i'd love to know what other people did post c-section. Because I feel pretty much fine except for twinges when moving around in bed or sitting down i'm probably overdoing it. I have a 16 mnth old that wants to be picked up more now that the baby is home and it's hard to not to do it.

I'm not wearing a belly band. Did you have any problems with the c-section in hospital or does your doctor just get everyone to wear them?

teresahui is offline Registered User
    aussiegal,

I got no problem with c-section. Doctor put it onto me in order to reduce pain when I get up and sit down (I expressly told her I am very afraid of pain). Now, I am back home but not sure how long I have to keep putting the band on. I do feel some pain sometimes after the operation.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Let common sense be your guide. Honestly, everyone is different in their recovery and pain tolerance; I don't think there are any 'standard practices' when it comes to how long to wear a waist band. In fact, I really don't know what it is. I've had 2 c-sections. After the first, I was up in 24 hours and felt no pain; after the second I was up in 12 hours and felt no pain.

Do as much as you can to speed up your recovery. As aussigal, I was lifting my toddler a few days post-op and my doctor was fine with that as long as I was fine with it.

Obviously, do not push yourself and, if you feel pain, stop what you are doing immediately.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I had a c-section almost 3 weeks ago. I wasn't given a belly band but I did have some soreness and discomfort when I moved around in bed or had to cough. My doc just told me to put pressure on my wound (with my hand or with a pillow) when I wanted to cough. The soreness went away a week later. With my first, I was sore for 2 weeks but this time the recovery was much faster. There is no guideline to c-section recovery and as kashismum said, everyone is different, just use your instinct to guide you.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    I had c-sect 3 weeks ago too, for the first week I wore the 'dressing' over the wound because I felt safer with it there (no risk of tearing it in shower / bed or with clothes), but after that it has been fine.

I'm also picking up my toddler and is fine, I can't hold him for too long (but this has probably more to do with the fact that I'm out of practice and need to build the strength again after the no picking up for ages while pregnant).

Hurts a little when coughing but other than that is all fine.

Am just trying to take it easy where possible.
    K

Nula is offline Registered User
    I was given a belly band with my first c-section but not with my last two. I felt the belly band hampered my recovery time kind of weakened my muscles more.

carang is offline Registered User
    with my first c i was in pain for weeks and weeks and weeks (i got an infection that didn't develop until 2 weeks post-birth). it was disgusting. i couldn't sleep on my side for about 6 weeks.

with my second, i was sleeping on my side after 3 days! much better healing the second time round.

(i didn't get any kind of belt either)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast