Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amused on Dragon Boat Day.

spockey is offline Registered User

Amused on Dragon Boat Day.

My darling hubby, for the first time, took our son to his "Tambourine" class yesterday. It's 45 minutes of singing and dancing... a little like Kindermusik. My domestic helper and I were tickled pink as after just one play session with the bub... he came home, told us that he needed to have a nap as he was exhausted!

We do this everyday, work (if you are working), start a second shift with baby when you return, third shift with hubby, maintain friendships, manage a domestic helper/our household on top of our own personal commitments to self improvement... at very few stage(s) do we get to stop and think about us.

This is NOT about man bashing or whinging about my hubby (Bless his heart as he does pay for me to treat myself when I can find the time!)... but it just made me realize and stop and think about how strong we all are... all of us manage miles away from our "village that it takes to raise a child".

I say "Hooray!" to us women, our mothers and their mothers! We deserve to pat ourselves on our backs at the end of everyday.... not just on Mother's Day!

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    hear hear. When my hubby looks after our 2 year old (which he does alot as I had difficult pregnancy and now we have newborn twins), he always says "i don't know how you do it".....which is great that he recognises how hard it is, but doesn't make me less exhausted!

am lookin forward to that first post-partum massage!!

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    My husband has NEVER EVER taken our baby anywhere on his own. He is already 9 months.

joannek is offline Registered User
    one weekend my hubby took our 2 yo daughter out with the nanny. then we all went for lunch & some activity in the afternoon. when we arrived home, after he's parked the car, he said "whew! that was exhausting... but you do this everyday, don't you?", and i just smiled. it's nice for them to appreciate us moms.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Tell me about it. Men, even the most well meaning, caring have got no real clue about what it takes to raise a child day in day out. They get exhausted after a few hours looking after a child and you hear about it for ages. I laugh at my husband and ask him when he's going to start working at home like me so he can get a real taste of raising (now) two children and running a business externally (back in Oz) from home. Yeah right! And don't get me started about them pretending to know what we go through when we get pregnant, physically have the baby (all those eyes looking at our privates) and have to get a handle on breastfeeding etc afterwards all whilst trying to deal with the changes that have happened to us emotionally and physically during the previous 9 months. Oh... and then we get our period again! I always joke that next time I am coming back as a man...

spockey is offline Registered User
    I'm coming back as a house cat. Hopefully a ragdoll. I reckon our cat gets the best out of our life here in HK!:yeah2

joannek is offline Registered User
    yeah, plus dealing with those in-laws & who-else telling you there's NO POINT in breastfeeding cos "you were fed-formula & see how healthy you are now" speech....

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    My mother in law was just like that. Loved that I couldn't breastfeed the first one as she didn't. She won't be happy that second time round it's working out.

When i was pregnant she kept asking me to send photos of me to them. I'm 99% sure it's because she wants me to turn out fat like she did so her excuse of 'i've had two kids' holds up. Ah, no- you're overweight because you eat too much and don't exercise! Ooh, I'm mean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast