Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maternity Insurance Advice

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    I think it is basically a "must" to be with the insurance company for a period of 12 months prior to birth if you have an individual policy.
    I found myself pregnant 2 months after we got marry, but since I'm a dependant with my husband's medical insrance(from his company), there was no waiting period for all maternity cost which included all follow up.
    But when we plan for our second one, my husband was planning to leave the company so we decided to get an individual policy for myself(just in case). So then, I found out all the insurance companies have to have a 12 months waiting period.

Hope this help.
    Bear Lau:

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    A few companies are ok with conception being within the first 12 months, but delivery should be after.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

intrigue is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I didn't have insurance and paid $630 to have my son at Queen Mary which is an excellent hospital to be in.

just offering an alternative!

newfather is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I'm a father to be, whose wife is in the education sector. We recently found out that our insurance was canceled due to an adminstrative error (of the insurance company). Unfortunatly, there appears to be no way to reverse the situation, and the birth is immenent. Are there any insurance plans that will cover unforeseen emergencies? Appreciate that we wont have any "normal" birth cover without a waiting period, but hoping there is some policy if something major goes wrong. Thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12