Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

any moms using bugaboo chameleon stroller?

mamalovesbaby is offline Registered User

any moms using bugaboo chameleon stroller?

Hi,I'm considering buying the bugaboo chameleon and wonder if anyone has purchased one in Hong Kong and at what price ?
    Whats your experience with it ?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    We have one but bought in Australia so can't help with prices. Bugaboos are great but in Hong Kong what you think of it will depend on how you get around. If you get public transport I wouldn't recommend it but if you drive I wouldn't buy anything else. We have a Mclaren too for times when we need a stroller that can quickly fold down but our 16 month old hates it and is never really comfortable in it. On the streets they are so easy to manouevre. I'd buy it again if i had to. I don't though cause they are well made. I have friends who have gone through 2 or 3 cheap prams trying to find one that is comfortable and will last so we've probably spent the same all up.

spockey is offline Registered User
    We too have a Bug Chameleon. Didn't get it in HK either. We got ours in Oz. We love it. But it's a hassle on HK public transport system if you are alone. You really need an easy fold one like the Mclaren, which we bought here in HK for those days when I'm alone.

Bub is most comfortable in the Bugaboo. He's well shaded and we can clip a fan on the side. It gets too hot on the Mclaren during the hot summer days. Bub is visible a lot more agro in the Mclaren these days.

He's always loved being the Bugaboo from birth. We've had no dramas all these 15 months with him or the Bug. It's a pricey purchase but well worth the dollars.

with your decision.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

We also have the bugaboo chameleon and I love it! Agree it's not great on public transport, if you are alone, but two people can manage it.
    If I am on my own I can get it in and our of taxis no problems and have been on some of the New World buses with it.
    We brought it for the following reasons,

1). Can be used as a pram when baby is really small, and then more as a pushchair when baby is bigger. My son is now eight months and sitting upright in his b'boo can see the whole world, something he loves! However when he wants to sleep we can put it right down and he can be lying down to sleep.

2). Can be used with the Maxi Cosi car seat which we use with the b'boo when travelling in taxis.

3). Is very comfortable for baby, and for us to use. The handle is adjustible which means it can be brought to a height suitable for my very tall husband! He has tried pushing other peoples pushchairs and ended up with a sore back!

4). Fantastic quality!

We brought ours of the babytrader.co.uk website, arrived in a week!

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    A word of warning! Cathay Pacific broke our Bugaboo and the same thing happened to friends of mine with theirs. The people dealing with our complaint said they had 'an office full of Bugaboo spare parts' as this happened a lot with the Bugaboo. The guy tried to blame the pram, claiming it was made of 'cheap materials' but I quickly put him right on that one.

Anyway, we love the Bugaboo for around the area where we live but it is totally impractical if you have to tkae the bus. If you have a car, no worries. We have a second compact stroller for on the bus.

HTH.

CK

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Celtickiwi, were you using the travel bag when your bugaboo was broken by Cathay? We travel a lot and haven't had a problem so far using it but I'd hate to see it come out broken.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    We also have the travel bag and so far it has kept our bug safe! Would recomend buying the travel bag if you are going to be flying with it!
    We were once on a flight where the airline refused to take a bug not in a case.

spockey is offline Registered User
    Yup. We too use the travel bag for the Bug and have had no problems. But we have never traveled with CP. Proud Aussies we are... it's always a QF flight. Also, just so mums are aware.... there is a new fabric out for the Bug Chameleon, a sun protector and a canopy for summer. We've just ordered them from Oz as our current fabric has gone to pot as our DH accidentally put in the dryer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast