Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Helper available

HappyV is offline Registered User

If provence thinks that tank tops and shorts are indecent, may I suggest that she never walks through Central, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, Monkok, Tsim Sha tsui - are really anywhere else in HK. Yep, better just to stay at home and keep that racism all to yourself.
    It's a great thing that the PP is trying to do. If you're not interested in what he has to offer, then don;t bother replying, After a post like that, I'm sure not many people would want to work for you anyway.

Last edited by HappyV; 07-01-2007 at 09:57 AM.

joannek is offline Registered User

just out of curiosity HappyV, so you think it's OK if your DH wear low cut tanks & mini shorts & heels, heavy make-up on their holiday? i know it's none of our business what they do & wear on their holidays. i guess that's why there are so many drinking & hooking up with men in wanchai on weekends. i'm not stating any bias on this post. i just wonder if you'd be totally OK if your DH prefers to hang out meeting guys in minimum coverage?

provence is offline Registered User

HappyV, I do not care what my helpers wear during their rest days and holidays. But my previous indonesian helper wore tank top and short during her working hours. She also got herself pregnant by a married caucasian man, while she herself is married with her husband and daughter in her home country.
    As mentioned in my posting earlier, I commented MY PERSONAL experiences with indonesian helpers had been bad. Not all indonesian helpers are bad.

HappyV is offline Registered User

What you are describing is not much different (apart from $$) in how many tai tais dress at Pacific Place.

As you point out, what they do on their own time is their business.

Provence - perhaps you are not aquainted with the concept that the way one dresses is not necessarily linked to morals or standards of behaviour. In your particular case, you maid may have caused you inconvenience, and I understand the frustration - but to take that frustration into a generalist remark about women from a certain race would not usually be considered socially acceptable.

"In my experience" is a term which has the function of using specific situations to make a general point. You said you were fed up with Indonesian helpers, as (in your experience and that of your in-laws) they 'all' steal, lie and dress/behave indecently, and therefore you wanted a Phillipinna. This is an example of discriminating on the basis of race: if you don;t like what it is called, then don;t do it, (or at least don;t talk about it in a semi-public forum)

Last edited by HappyV; 07-02-2007 at 10:35 AM.

regislea is offline Registered User

I’m happy to report that the helper we were trying to assist has found a job with a local family in Pok Fu Lam.

Thaks you to all who took the trouble to contact me.

Best regards,

Kingsley Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12