Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helper available

regislea is offline Registered User

Helper available

I help out at a helpers charity - helpline4helpers. We are helping an Indonesian girl who has just termnated her contract after very poor treatment by her employer. She needs a job badly or she will be thrown out of Hong Kong - the two week rule - despite the fact that she has done nothing wrong (except try to follow the law).

She has worked for two years in Singapore,and four years in Hong Kong, plus six months with the bad employer before she finally called enough. She has worked with young children and actually has a son herself who is, I believe, around seven.

She has good English, and can cook Chinese and Indonesian, and some Western. We have undertaken to pay for her to have Western cooking lessons if that is necessary.

You can call me at 6403 7868 and I’ll put you in touch.

I should explain that I am male - one problem is that she has been called for interview with people who are supposedly married couples; when she arrives, the “husband” only is there and the requirements are made all too clear. Thus, I am screening her calls.

Yours sincerely,

Kingsley Smith

tzechuk is offline Registered User

Wow, this is a very noble thing you are doing. I hope you are able to find her a position quickly.

Thank you Tzechuk - not sure about “noble” but the fact is that these girls are so badly treated in Hong Kong by some unscrupulous employers, and are then confronted by the highly discriminatory laws of Hong Kong, that they need help.

Best regards,

Kingsley Smith

Bubbly is offline Registered User

PLease check PM

cmnd is offline Registered User

Looking for help

Hi Kingsley,

I am in the process of moving back to HK in July, and currently in the process of looking for a good helper to help out at home.

Would like to find out more about her skills and personality. I definately need someone who enjoy being with kids (either sex), careful a greate deal about Hygiene , pleasant, patient, and mature.

Please PM if she is still available.

Thx,
    Nickie

Quote Originally Posted by regislea View Post
    I help out at a helpers charity - helpline4helpers. We are helping an Indonesian girl who has just termnated her contract after very poor treatment by her employer. She needs a job badly or she will be thrown out of Hong Kong - the two week rule - despite the fact that she has done nothing wrong (except try to follow the law).

She has worked for two years in Singapore,and four years in Hong Kong, plus six months with the bad employer before she finally called enough. She has worked with young children and actually has a son herself who is, I believe, around seven.

She has good English, and can cook Chinese and Indonesian, and some Western. We have undertaken to pay for her to have Western cooking lessons if that is necessary.

You can call me at 6403 7868 and I’ll put you in touch.

I should explain that I am male - one problem is that she has been called for interview with people who are supposedly married couples; when she arrives, the “husband” only is there and the requirements are made all too clear. Thus, I am screening her calls.

Yours sincerely,

Kingsley Smith

provence is offline Registered User

I am actually looking for another helper to help my current helper.

However, I had enough with indonesian helpers as from my own experiences and in laws, the indonesian helpers stole from us, lied to us, always on the phone and wore indecent clothes (i.e. tank top and short)

So, would appreciate if you can recommend a philippine helper. Thank you.

Not an agency

Provence,

To be clear: we are not an agency - we exist to help helpers being abused by ther employers sort out the legal and immigration issues.

And we do not discriminate or recommend on the basis of race!

Yours sincerely,

Kingsley Smith

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User

Well put, regislea! I think provence's posting was completely inappropriate given the nature of your initial message....certainly not the time nor place to go 'verbally bashing' Indonesian helpers.

CK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast