Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HK Disneyland hotel

TingTing is offline Registered User

HK Disneyland hotel

I plan to bring my son (1.5 yrs old) to HK Disneyland and will stay for one night. Which one will you choose?

(1) HK Disneyland's Hotel
    (2) Disney's Hollywood Hotel

Thanks for sharing.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Well, they do the character breakfast and dinner at the Disneyland Hotel. If your son would like to see Mickey for breakfast etc, it may be less hassle to stay at Disneyland Hotel instead of Hollywood.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    We stayed at Disneyland Hotel and it was great. Rooms are pretty good size and it was pretty quiet. The kids loved it! I heard that Hollywood is not as nice but I've never stayed there.

arleneli is offline Registered User
    I have stayed at both. I think Disneland Hotel is better. It is more expensive but the rooms and hotel lounge is more comfy. It is actually much bigger than the hollywood hotel.
    :yeah2

joannek is offline Registered User
    i heard that the hollywood hotel is filled with tour groups from the mainland, which could be a nuisance (apologies, mainlanders). cos hollywood hotel is relatively economical in price, ppl are less courteous.

i've stayed many times at the disneyland hotel. everyone in the family (my grandfather, my parents, my daughter) all love it. if possible get a king bedroom, they usually are larger in size & come with a double sofa bed & larger bathrooms. if not, then you can always ask for a travel cot, which comes with pooh bed linens. book the character buffet breakfast of your son knows mickey mouse & the gang. don't bother if he doesn't cos he'll freak out. (most kids who are under 2 who don't know the characters freak out when they see this giant mouse walking around). in the morning, bring your son outside of the restaurant where they serve breakfast (there's a garden & a maze [is that how you spell it? i forgot]) your son is probably too small for the maze but he'll love running around the beautifully kept grassland on the right. then there's the outdoor pool, where they provide life vests for small-big kids. your son will be able to waddle in the water.

i would suggest you try to arrive at the hotel around 10-ish to check in, get your guest ID, book your breakfast (if you're having any) & leave your luggages at the bell desk. usually characters appear at the lobby at arounf 10-11am. then go to the park with the shuttle. play until you watch the parade at 3.30pm (i suggest you go after 17th july, cos they'll start to have a water parade then) then return to the hotel to get your room, freshen up. by then it'll be 5pm. my daughter has dinner at 5.30 & sleeps at 7.30pm. so that's when i order room service, let her watch mickeymouse clubhouse on TV (channel 6, i think). dinner for her in-room, and wind down & bath time for her.

have fun!!

TingTing is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

And I plan to take my DH to go together. Do you think I should get a extra room for her or is the hotel room (any suite) is big enough for four of us?

Any food is suitable for 1.5 yrs old kid in hotel restaurant?

Thanks!

the king bedroom is definitely big enough. especially if you'll let DH sleep on the sofa bed. you & hubby share the king bed then get a cot for bub. still plenty of room to move about, but book early, cos they only have several king bed in each floor. food wise, it's very kid friendly. my daughter's very picky & i still find pasta, sausages, eggs, toast, in chinese resturant - buns, steam dumpling, steam cheung fan, etc.

btw, their regular room is for 4 person occupaancy, so you don't have to feel weird asking for additional beddings & towels.