Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Paediatricians - AXA Panel

TayTay is offline Registered User

Paediatricians - AXA Panel

Has anyone tried any of the below paediatricians in Central, and are they any good?

Dr Kao Hing Kee, Frederick
    Melbourne Plaza

Dr Cheung Heung Yan
    Princes Building

Dr Wong Chak Tong, David
    Princes Building

We were using Dr Dannie Ting but unfortunately, due to insurance reasons, we now have to look for a new one. So so sad.

Thanks in advance!

Olusia is offline Registered User
    Please stay away from David Wong! If it's the same one as at Quality Healthcare in Crawford House ( Queen Road Central) you do not want your child around him. I visited him several times with my daughter who is 2,5 and tried my best to give him more than one chance to show that he cares about his patients - you know - people do have bad days but last time I saw him, he shauted at my child ( he yelled STOP IT when she touched a stood in his office - a small one - a kind that is used to climb to a toilet at kindergartens)and was very rude to my helper and very dismissive towards me. The last straw came when I came to vaccinate my child and he did not listen to my request of administering the vaccine in the thoughtful and delicate way but instead he hid the syringe behind his back and attacked my daughter from half - turn shooting the needle down into her tigh by surprise which left her in hysterics and I almost fainted. I filed a complain and wait for the result of it. Stay away from that man! He has NO bedside manners and his methods are butchery. You do not want your child around him!

loveask is offline Registered User
    i've been to dr cheung heung yan... and she seems ok but there is always a long wait for her bc she is a GP as well. i've waited almost an hour to see her! so i don't go to her anymore. i found a great paed in Jordan (champion bldg, right above jordan mtr) and part of quality healthcare... there is only one doctor there and he is great. very caring and patient.. listened to all my questions! most importantly, i only had to wait like 5-10 mins to see him!! the clinic in prince's bldg is too busy and i don't think it is worth the wait.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    TayTay. I can sympathize, because they changed our insurance recently and I'm also unable to go to Dr. Ting any longer and am having a tough time looking for a good pediatrician for my son.

I agree with Olusia's post (please see post on Central Medical Practice) regarding Dr. Wong.

I took my son to Dr. Cheung Heung Yan (because could not get in to see Dr. Ting at that time, and the doctor I wanted in QHC was not available that day), and while she seems nice, I found her very lacking. . . she misdiagnosed my son as having Chicken pox when it was a rash (Dr. Ting laughed when I told her the diagnosis!!). I told her that my son is sensitive and prone to allergy, and the rash did not look "watery" as most chicken pox would have, but she insist that she is right. So the only way that she could "prove" or "disprove" as it was, was to have two tests done. .. one was to determine if my son had the chicken pox vaccine immunity, and the second one is to find out if he actually have the chicken pox. . . well the 1st test takes 3-4 days, the 2nd takes one week. . . which defeats the purpose of "proving" the chicken pox since he would have been past the contagious stage at that point. . . and on top of this the insurance initially declined the test since it was over $1,000 HKD. Anyway, I insisted on doing it, and several days later, she called me to tell me that my son did have the "antibody" of the chicken pox vaccine and "most likely" did not have chicken pox. While she wrote me a school note telling the school that my son is "unlikely" to have chicken pox (even here she is not admitting she misdiagnosed, and the school definitely would not have welcomed my son back with open arms with an "unlikely" statement on a doctor's note), the damage was done, and since my son already missed most of the week, it didn't seem worth it to rush him back to school as they were about to start vacation anyway! After the 2nd test result came in, she told me "oh yes, just wanted to tell you your son does not have chicken pox".

Needless to say. . . won't be going back to her anytime soon.
    Last edited by HKfornow; 09-02-2009 at 07:21 PM.

mambo is offline Registered User
    loveask, can you pls recommend the name of the dr. in jordan. I've been searching hi and lo for a good paed on the kowloon side and have yet to find one that I trust and that I'm comfortable with AND that is on the AXA panel. PM me if you wish. Thanks!

loveask is offline Registered User
    sent u a PM