Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2.5yrs still waking at night & needs comforting

hkmami is offline Registered User

2.5yrs still waking at night & needs comforting

My daughter still wakes at night crying and needs to comforted back to sleep. She's 2.5 now and it is very difficult to correct this. I'm now out of the door when putting her to bed at night. But when she wakes in the middle of the night crying and I don't come to console her then she come out looking for me. Now I don't want that to be the new habit either. Does anyone have any suggestions????

joannek is offline Registered User
    that makes our 2 daughters. i think it's a character thing. i don't want to put you off, but i've tried everything excpet crying it out & sleep clinic. i know it's exhausting, but i hope someone here can give up some advice. =(

kelshiu is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by joannek View Post
    that makes our 2 daughters. i think it's a character thing. i don't want to put you off, but i've tried everything excpet crying it out & sleep clinic. i know it's exhausting, but i hope someone here can give up some advice. =(
    Did you try keeping them very busy before they sleep and make them very tired??
    (But I dont know whether this will make them nightmare....)

joannek is offline Registered User
    my daughter's busy & jumping & running all day. she dropped her nap last dec (before she turned 2), and uses her last oz of energy to keep herself awake. the only time she's sleep without making a fuss at night (only woke once around midnight for milk & fell right back to sleep) was when we spent a whole day at disneyland & it was very hot. she goes to disneyland a lot but not aways tiring enough for her.

helensands is offline Registered User

Child at 2.5 yrs can sleep through the night.

This age group can be stubborn but I have trained many children of this age to sleep through the night. It takes work and commitment, but can be done. Let me know if I can help. Helen Sands - Sleep Consultant.

I've noticed that my daughter will actually sleep better when she goes to sleep not overly exhausted. Over the past month she's been going to bed an hour later than in the past. I will try to put her to bed earlier from today. But does anyone else have the same experience? I was thinking of using more extreme strategies. Like if she were to come out crying from her bedroom, we wouldn't go back in with her but just tell her to go back to bed by herself and we'd see her in the morning...do this for a few days till she does go back to bed. Even if she'd be waking up the neighbors...i'm not sure if this would work. Has anyone tried this?

Matty is offline Registered User
    hkmami,

Instead of telling her to go back to bed by herself, try taking her back to bed, but don't make eye contact and don't speak.
    If she realises that she won't get any attention, she will quickly tire of doing it.

I know it sounds harsh, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    hkmami,

Instead of telling her to go back to bed by herself, try taking her back to bed, but don't make eye contact and don't speak.
    If she realises that she won't get any attention, she will quickly tire of doing it.

I know it sounds harsh, but it works.
    Are you saying i should just keep on bringing to bed even if it means doing it 20times that night???!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast