Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

helper hours?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I assumed, JoanneK, that your daughter doesn't travel in a car seat and then realised was prob. wrong to assume so- just trying to understand why a child in a car seat would need a helper to 'control' them as well!

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User

I was thinking the same thing about the carseat. Both my children were dreadful travellers at that age, but at the end of the day they could scream all they wanted, but they still couldn't get out of the seat. I remember many a long car trip on my own in the car with a screaming baby in the back. It is extremely tiring but then that's life. Eventually they get over it.

carang is offline Registered User

we use a car seat too for our 2 year old. in canada, i think that the law is until they are 7 or 9 or something like that, they must be in one...but as they get bigger, it's more of a booster seat than anything.

joannek is offline Registered User

yeah, she's always been a car seat, that's why all the screaming & kicking. now she wants sth to drink, now she wants me to play another song, now she wants a snack. since she's strapped in the car seat, she needs someone to hand those to her!! i know, maybe becaue i've spoiled her since Day 1, cos there's always me or the helper next to her, playing with her or giving her cookies.....

joannek is offline Registered User

in fact, she's so used to being strapped in, if I start the car without her strapped in a seat belt (when we're in a parking lot), she'd say, "oh no! oh no! no! no hoi che! no seat belt! wait! wait!" (meaning, "don't start the car, no seat belt!") LOL

capital is offline Banned

My son went through a period where he hated the car seat. Since it was usually only him and me in the car, he just had to get used to it. I would think it you ignore the behavior, by not giving her anything, not stopping the car to give her a jiuce or dropped toy, she may scream extra loud for a few trips, then she will know she won't be getting the attention she wants and the problem will be solved. She screams because she knows that by screaming she will get the toy/juice/snack. ect.

rani is offline Administrator

I would keep a secret stash of toys in the front seat with me and whenever D started fussing, would pull out a toy he hadn't seen in ages and that would distract him for 5-10 mins. We're lucky distances are short in HK and our drives would be no more then 20-30 mins.

Last edited by rani; 07-15-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joannek View Post

*me asking aloud* - administrators, i find it difficult to believe such bitter person do exist in reality. or is he/she just a virtual reality member geobaby has created to act as the devil's advocate?
    She does exisit.

Happy V - Stop your condescending remarks. It serves no purpose other than to antagonize. We’re all doing the best we can with the Helpers we have. Not all Employer/Employee relationships are perfect and this forum is for Employers to discuss anything/everything.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789