Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Homeopathics to Increase Baby's Appetite??

bunbunng is offline Registered User

Homeopathics to Increase Baby's Appetite??

My daughter has lost her appetite all of a sudden. We came back from Hong Kong a week ago and she's a bit of jetlag since then. Her time zone is already adjusted, and doctor siad she isn't teething yet.

She's been taking 7oz per feeding for no problem. She has acid reflux and is on Prevacid, that helps her alot with the vomitting. She started Prevacid more than a month. But since a week earlier we had a trip to Hong Kong and back here to Canada, she's completely lost her appetite. She'd stop in the middle of her feeding at 3 or 4 oz accurately. Doctor said she has nothing wrong physically, she just needs time to adjust back to here. I've tried all methods to help her eat, patiently. Formula changes, tempature, nipples changed.....all kinds, but nothing worked. She is usually a very happy baby, but now ever since arriving back to Canada, she doesn't smile, and would just sit there no matter what you do. Doctor said she may be experiencing separation anxiety and maybe a bit moody, but still, it's frustrating!

But as a parent, it's SOOOOOO....worrying, so I wonder if Lycopodium (homeopathics) would help. Any side effects? Please advise. It's been going on for a week and she's not gaining weight at all, thanks alot! Does anyone know why this happen and how to solve? Anyone has experienced this before??? Please help.

Last edited by bunbunng; 07-06-2007 at 12:47 AM.

syuan is offline Registered User

sorry to hear the situation, must be very frustrating! could it be that she caught some sort of stomach bug while she was in HK? our homeopath suggested our whole family (including kids) to take a pill that the WHO recommends to take regularly or after trips to certain countries (sorry can't remember name of pill). or could it be candida?

we have never used Lycopodium for increasing appetite, so i don't know anything about it. but our homeopath also recommended the kids to take probiotics (the brand is called Udo's), which i find is really good for increasing immunity and maintaining good intestinal functions and bowel movements.

or maybe she's ready for solid foods? sorry, don't know enough, so just trying to bring up any possibilities that come to mind.

good luck!

bunbunng is offline Registered User

Syuan, thank you very for your info. It's very helpful. But since my daughter has already started solid a month ago, though she isn't a big eater, she's never experienced this total lost of appetite before. But still, thanks again for your input.