Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Visiting HK - best places for baby supplies?

MabelJane is offline Registered User

Visiting HK - best places for baby supplies?

We are visiting family in HK in October and wanted advice on the best places to get nappies (diapers), baby wipes etc and some baby food? Our daughter will be 22 months old and although doesn't really eat prepared jars of food, having some jars of fruit etc are handy when travelling. Do the major supermarkets stock Huggies Nappies (maybe only an OZ brand) for example?

Thank you in advance.

LittleLams is offline Registered User

Most supermarkets (parknshop, wellcome) in HK stock diapers (huggies, fitti, pampers), wet wipes, baby food in jars (even organic ones) etc so you should not have any problems.

joannek is offline Registered User

if u want a supermarket with more organic selection, citysuper is a good one stop shop. they have branches in central, causeway bay & tsim sha tsui.

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Just a note though, the Huggies are different to the ones in Australia. If you are devoted to the Huggies you normally use I guess you might find yourself disappointed with the ones here. I know people who bring their nappies back with them from Australia because they can't find any as good here!

When I use disposables, I normally use the Pampers here and find them ok.

Have fun in HK! If you find yourself needing particular baby stuff while you're here, post again and we can try to help.

Matty is offline Registered User

There are 2 kinds of Huggies here.
    You can get the one's with the elastic waist, like in Oz, which are called ultra comfort, or there is a non elaticised type which are rubbish.
    The huggies in Oz are slightly better quality, but it's not really worth lugging a pack over here.
    Just check the package to make sure you are buying the correct ones.
    You can buy the Ultra Comfort Huggies at most Wellcome, Park n Shop, Watson's or Manning's stores.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Matty, interesting re the Huggies. Will have to look into the elastic waste ones. I thought they were pull-up and no good for an un-potty trained baby.

MabelJane - I recommend you bring some huggies. At least for use at night. I have used all types here (they are different, we don't have "girls" or "boys" which should tell you just how inferrior they are! Not a big problem if you have a girl but I think boys have more leak issues), Pampers "premium" are OK as are the huggies but I now have to change my two year old over night as I ran out of my Aussie Huggies and the HK ones just don't make the grade!

Enjoy HK. Park n Shop will have most of what you need and should be near you (it is a supermarket) they stock Hienz but only a few choices and not the organic range that I like! They also have a huge range of Gerber. If you go to Bumpes to Babes (one located in Central near Shanghi Tang) then you will find some organic ranges including BabyNat.

Hope that helps.