Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Alex Doo

rimbb is offline Registered User

Alex Doo

Leaning towards trying Dr. Alex Doo as my ob/gyn. Heard good things but now a little nervous about my choice given the recent postings about another doctor where there were very mixed reviews (Dr. Clement Chan). Anyone have Dr. Alex Doo as their doctor recently and have you heard any negative feedback?

Thanks so much... nervous first time mother...

Mousugumama is offline Registered User
    I had Dr.Milton Leong as my IVF doctor but Dr.Doo delivered my twins. He has very pleasant manners and answered our questions whenever we had one. Now twins are 2+year old and I have nice ilttle scar from C-section:) Currently expecting #3 from natural conception and I am seeing Dr.Doo again for this one. I really like the fact that he doesn't push me into C-section just because I had one earlier (I hear some docs do that) and tells me so far I am probably OK to try natural. Waiting is not as bad as Dr.Leong either, although I always call beforehand to make sure he is on time. Worst I had with him so far has been 2 hour delay but this is probably due to the fact that my office is 2 min from the clinic and they probably moved up other patients waiting there. One thing is that I heard he has done away with package and if you need one for insurance, you do need to speak with him or go for another doc....

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    I went to Dr Doo for the beginning of my pregnancy and quite liked him. He was always cheerful and professional. However, there are 2 things which I would comment on:

1. THe waiting time is exceptionally long at the Women's Clinic. At one visit, there was not even a seat for me so I had to wait an hour standing up.

2. The appointments are always very rushed and Dr Doo does speak VERY fast so it's sometimes hard to hear what he was saying.

I later went to a couple of other Obs and decided to change Obs for the birth of my baby.

Dr Doo is truly a nice and professional doctor but I think he may have too many patients!

rimbb is offline Registered User

Really appreciate the feedback... have heard that HK doctors tend to have long waiting times. Do earlier appointments help? Maybe I should ask for the first appt? Just a little hard as I work in Taikoo Place and it is a trek for me to go to Central.

Hayzee is offline Registered User

Dr Alex Doo is an Amazing OB, the best in Hong Kong

I gave birth yesterday at the Matilda Hospital and Dr Alex Doo delivered my little girl.

It was my third baby, in as many years, so I was hoping for a short and sweet labour. Turned out to be 15 hours long but I put that down to having to be induced. To cut a long story short (literally) I went from 4cm to 10cm in 10 minutes! Even after receiving an epirdural, I began to get breakthrough pain as I dilated so quickly.

Dr Doo raced in to the delivery room as soon as they told him I had dilated from 5 to 10 in 10 minutes.

He delivered my baby in 2 pushes without any tearing or cuts and he truly is an amazing Doctor.

If you are looking for the best Obstetrician in Hong Kong to deliver your baby, then look no further than Dr Alex Doo. You can find him at his clinic in Central, at The Women's Clinic in Central Building (3rd Floor).

Thanks Dr Doo, you're the best!

Hayley

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-23-2010, 09:42 PM