Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Helper Needed.

spockey is offline Registered User

Helper Needed.

Hi. We are looking for a new helper. If you know of one that you can recommend us, please send me a PM. Thanks.

witty_han is offline Registered User

soft hearted DH available from Philippines

Hi Spockey,

Greetings!

I am the one who sent you a private message, which my intension is to apply for the post of domestic helper, in other website and unfortunately I get banned after sending you a message. I don't know what happened. Anyway, I am still hunting for a domestic helper job. And luckily, i found out that you're also looking for a helper right now.

If you'll allow me, may I apply for the post?

Thank you very much.

Respectfully yours,
    Witty_han

Buffybuff is offline Registered User
    Hi spockey,

You are looling for a new helper again? What's happen with the last one?
    :bighug

We've not found one ;-( I'm now extremely cautious about helpers these days given that the last one sent my husband a love text (by mistake according to her), mucked up my laundry e.g. whites turned blue, bought wrong groceries, ruined our Bugaboo cover (which costs about HKD$2000 to replace) etc. etc... and we never once docked her salary.
    We currently have a short term solution.
    Mind you... we are not fussed as employers... we make sure our helper stops work at 8pm everyday and insist that rest is taken during the day. She gets a food allowance even though she eats what we eat and we don't eat cheap. Everything we eat is Australian or organic.
    We've been fair employers but i think just very unlucky. I've been advised to try for an Indonesian helper instead of Filipino as they are supposed to be more conscientious. And, to go for a younger DH.
    Last edited by spockey; 07-10-2007 at 08:46 AM.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spockey View Post
    I've been advised to try for an Indonesian helper instead of Filipino as they are supposed to be more conscientious. And, to go for a younger DH.
    I wouldn't. A younger helper will be inexperienced and the Indonesian helpers don't speak good English. You'll probably need to micro-manage her which will be difficult as you're working.

My mom had an Indonesian helper and she adored D but communicating with her was too stressful. My niece spoke Bahasa and would translate for my mom.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks Rani! I am only considering them coz I speak Bahasa too. Will have to rethink the younger helper bit for sure.

tippileung is offline Registered User
    Hi Spockey, our family is hiring an young Indonesian helper coz I can speak bahasa, she work better than our expectation (personally I think young is better coz in my experience, I don't want to take care of her health problem), their bad reputation mostly because of the communication (bad english), but if you speak bahasa, I think you can try to hire them. by the way, the agent is another key factor since they are the initial training provider.

TippieLeung, Could you please recommend an agency? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast